Friday, May 9, 2008

Kurt has manners?

So, Kurt had a common day today, that basically means instead of going later and doing his reading class at the end of the day he went early and shared reading with the rest of his class. So that the 6th grade could go and have a etiquette dinner, and pretend to have manners. Because you know next year Kurt will be in Jr. High. crazy for me to even think that far ahead. My oldest is going to be in Jr. High, he passes the sacrament now, and he thinks he's big enough to wear deodorant, and I have plenty of gray hair to account for all of his milestones. Needless to say got up this morning and got his dress clothes on tied his tie last night before he went to bed and put gel in his hair. He looked just like he does every Sunday afternoon right before church. He went for lunch to the Stake Building and had a "date" picked out that got to hold his arm to the church. He even danced appropriately with a few of the young girls that have a crush on him. Why we encourage them to have manners with the opposite sex is beyond me. These rules never stick with them.....Look at my husband for instance..LOL he still licks every plate or bowl that he's eating off. In fact he's got everyone of my children doing it. I'm embarrassed to wonder if Kurt did this there or not. I seriously wouldn't doubt it. He came home so happy today. He had so much fun pretending he had manners. He even had stories for me of some of the boys that thought it would be funny to disrespect the ladies. I thought it was kind of interesting to hear Kurtis' outlook on that hole aspect. Being he barely has respect for his mother much less any other girls. Kurt said that he was embarrassed to be sitting near the kid. Of course one of the leaders put the kid in his place. I'm just glad Kurt had so much fun. He even came home with his shirt still white. :)

2 comments:

Lowe Family said...

That would have been one of those moments I would have liked to be a fly on the wall! CRAZY!!

Norm and Frances said...

I wish you could have taken pictures!!! I bet it was really cute!!! Next time it would be fun for them to do one sorta like a prom, and take pictures and stuff. He is a good lookin kid!!!! What a good idea it was, for them to do that. Sort of gives him an idea about what things will be like out in the real world of dating and girls. Hope he remembers the stuff he learned there!!!