We're doing homework pages every morning, we're doing a Math page, reading 20 minutes, and on the lucky days we do an extra page. Like Tuesday we did a worksheet that made the boys use the dictionary. They actually had fun doing it together. I'm hoping this will keep them up to par until school starts again. I'm finding how far behind Kurtis really is because of the Learning disability we've just learned about. Working with him one-on-one has done a lot. He gets frustrated so easy, so sitting down with him through each phase of what he doesn't understand is helping. We don't over do it, so he doesn't get overwhelmed. Hopefully what we're doing at home during the summer will help him when school starts back up again. I wish we could have caught this sooner, he wouldn't be so behind now. After work pages we went to the school for lunch and the park afterwards, we came home and I had my 1st day back to work. It was frustrating listening to Bridger freaking out and trying to work at the same time. Bridger in his happy mood now screams like a little girl he thinks he's so funny. Right before bed he played on his zebra he is so silly on that thing. He gets turning so fast, he gets dizzy and you can see him nearly fall off. It's difficult not laughing while watching him. We still have the rest of the week to survive through.
1 comment:
I think what you are doing with Kurtis is going to pay off in more ways than just his understanding of math. You will be showing him an example of caring, loving and helping that he only gets in your and Jakes home. Like you have always said, he will see the differences someday. I think you are just adding to the stash of positives that someday is going to open his eyes.
You are a good mom, and I really admire you for doing what you have done for your children....and my grandchildren.
Post a Comment