Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Washing dishes???

So our little baby fits in the kitchen sink, I'm sure that most babies do at this age.....unless your Darla's kids, LOL. I'm so glad that Theron loves the water. He just kicks back and relaxes. I like it when the babies are this age and don't splash. I'm not required to need tub toys, and I'm not required to mop the floor when they're done playing. I love it when my babies are so relaxed and calm. I don't know that any of my children have hated the tub..... Infact all of my kids love the shower too. I don't like to shower with the babies though, especially when they're this small because I'm afraid to drop their slippery little bodies. Jake is so much better at it than me.....bathing with them, not dropping them LOL. I'll bath with them quickly though(to avoid poopy water). Today I decided to give Theron a quick bath in the Kitchen sink. My kids actually did their chores today without a fight so therefore I had a clean sink to use as a bathtub.....when I was younger I used to have chores too, dishes, my room, laundry, bathroom, livingroom....the usual around the house things. When I would have the kitchen I would beg my mom to get a dishwasher, I hated washing dishes by hand. My mom would never give in. She said that we didn't need another one she had 4 of them (kids). She told me that when I got older I could have as many as I wanted...LOL. I now have 5 and a true dishwasher under the counter.....I'm so lucky.....back to the subject. I thought Theron was so cute and tiny in the kitchen sink. I love when the babies are this small. I could bath Bridger in the sink, but it would be more like a bird bath. I'm sure he'd love that though. Any how, this is my tiny baby. He'll be huge before I know it. He'll be 5 weeks on Friday.

4 comments:

ANDREA said...

THAT IS SOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!! WHAT A CUTE LITTLE BABY BOY HE IS!!!


my mom used to tell us the same thing when we said we should get a dishwasher - that she HAD a dishwasher...6 of them.. ha ha..NOT FUNNY!

Someone else said...

Boy, does that bring back memories. I used to give Elizabeth a bath in the sink until she was about 15 months. He is so cute, I can't believe how fast he is growing.

BTW, my mom said the same thing to us growing up. She had 6 kids but only 4 dishwashers because the 2 oldest refused to do the dishes. I ended up doing the dishes most of the time because I was the only girl out of the 4 and my brothers never really cleaned the dishes they just rinsed them and I couldn't stand the thought of eating off their "clean" dishes. I have a dishwasher and my kids beg me to let them wash the dishes by hand. Go figure. :)

Anonymous said...

We all know that Theron is cute!!! Like the rest of your kids...and my grandchildren. You and Jake to good work.

I guess I was lucky....as far as doing dishes go, cause we never had a dishwasher either, but my mom did the dishes most of the time, cause she needed the time in the kitchen away from us kids and my dad.

I told you....my family was very disfunctional.

Darla Pierre said...

Ha Ha.... but true! I bath Bry in the tub with the girls holding his head while I do my stuff... BTW Tag! See you tomorrow!