Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Best Buddies
When we moved to 1000 South shortly after the Wilson's moved in downstairs, Lacey was barely pregnant with Adam, little did we know that we would be such good friends. I know they thought our kids were abnoxious at first and Keith would come and hang out at our back door and chit chat with Jake for literally hours, that opened the door for Lacey and my friendship that I will always cherish. After our upstairs neighbors moved out Keith and Lacey moved out and from then on our homes became one, 90% of the time our front doors were open and the gate was at the top of the stairs to trap in the kids, this didn't always work though. Our open door policy got so open that EmberLee's family picture in preschool had our family in one circle and the Wilson's in another. But she told her teacher she has 2 families. I had to explain this for it to make sense to her teacher. Our friendships spread through to our kids. Keith and Lacey's son Michael ended up being really good friends with EmberLee, Austin, and Kurtis. These two ended up being little buddies. I'm going to truly treasure this.
Before we left I wanted to document Bridger and Adam. Our kids got really close, they would treat each other as siblings. I'm really going to miss Adam's knocks at the door for "B"
We love and miss you guys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment