Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dog or Mosquito??

So we're learning that the mosquito's here in Alaska are HUGE, they resemble something like a vicious dog I guess. Each payday we're having to purchase a new can of repellent. I have to tell a little story about Kurtis and the exploding mosquito. We were sitting in the living room one morning talking about chores and things we could do once they were all done. There was a mosquito that had landed on Kurtis' arm apparently when he was outside, he was working on keeping it in his arm the whole time we were talking, to see if he could make it explode. He had to interrupt to show me how big it's belly was. I tried taking a pictures, except the camera wouldn't focus on it for some reason. It's belly was nearly see through because of how full it was. It was so deep red it was weird. Soon as I got the camera to focus on it, and it had pierced Kurt's arm multiple times, it finally flew off. It could barely fly it was so fat. It was heavy in the air. The kids had followed it into the bathroom. Once it landed on the mirror Kurt killed it....of course he had to. They grabbed my other camera and tried taking pictures of how much blood it had on the mirror. The smear is his blood, and the chunk is the mosquito :) That's alot for a DOG :) So when you come to visit in the Summer time, don't forget your repellent.

3 comments:

Norm and Frances said...

Nice!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

Wilson Clan said...

Maybe I don't want to come. LOL Taht is gross. Only the boys huh? LOL

Teresa said...

Nasty! I HATE squitos! I'm glad the kids enjoyed it so much.