Thursday, June 11, 2009
The long drive to Canada
So Me, EmberLee, Bridger, Austin and my cousin Allen left early Weds morning on the 27th.
The first day was just long and painful, we drove up through Idaho (which has NOTHING to look at other than fields, cows, fields, rolling hills and cows) We drove through BUTT Montana, I mean Butte :) Montana. Montana used to be a place I wanted to live, I'm cured of that dream now though it only has cows, cows, more cows, and insane construction speed limits....let me help you understand. Just imagine, your driving down the road cruising at the speed limit of 75, yes I went the speed limit, I was worried about my gas milage, anyways, your cruising along looking at cows. Black cows, brown cows, black and white cows....and BAM that big construction warning comes up that you get a fine that doubles if your caught speeding in a construction zone, then that magical whip lash of a sign comes into view of 35 mph. WHAT THE CRAP!!! Who does this? Montana would be the answer. Not 55 but "35 mph" WOW. So you have to hit the brakes, not the button on the stearing wheel cause when your cruising along you have cruise control on. Wow, there went my freak'n awesome gas milage of 22 mi to the gal. One cool thing that happened in Montana was when we where coming up on the Canada border I looked over to the right and behind a barbwire fence there was this masive ELK. He was huge. I was on the freeway and people behind me but he was huge, his antlers where well over and above his head wide as could be. I wish I could have stopped for a picture. I honestly didn't think I would be seeing that in Montana so I wasn't prepared :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment