Monday, June 29, 2009

Our Place

Some of you keep asking to see what are place looks like. I've been slowly unpacking, so it's been a crazy unorganized mess. I finally got the place a little more under control so I could take pictures. This is our Kitchen that is open to the dining room and the Living room, by the fridge is a 1/2 bathroom, behind me across from the counter piled in plates and papers is our Harry Potter closet. In there, is a door to the 'dungeon' (under the house) we store stuff like food storage, and camping gear under there. Sometime the kids think it's funny to trap each other down there. Ya'll can see the sliding door and deck behind our table that resembles my grandma's when I was growing up, our awesome yard sale deal. From the top of the stairs looks into the entry way. The white door is our front door, the brown door to the right is the door that leads to our 2 car, heated garage, and the coat closet is straight below, the entry into the Kitchen/Living room, dining room is on the left. The stairs are in an L shape. Once your upstairs there is our big hallway, with our foose ball table, that I found for $10 :) awesome deal. It will go out in the garage because there just isn't that much room up there to play. This picture is from Master bedroom doorway faced to the boys' room. the closed door on the left is the laundry room, no one is privaled enough to see my dirty clothes :) At the top of the stairs directly to your right, is Kurt's messy room, it's bigger than the boys' room back home in the apartment. Kurtis is getting a loft bed that has a desk underneath it. We are putting a love seat from the living room up here too, because we will be getting a Couch with a hide-a-bed in it, from someone in our ward that is moving. On the left of Kurt's room is Austin, Bridger and soon to be Theron's room, this room is as big as the Master Bedroom minus the walkin closet and the bathroom. Plenty of room though. We are getting a loft bed for Austin and putting Bridger's bed underneath it. Theron's crib will go where you see Bridger's bed right now. the bathroom is at the top of the stairs, and left of the boys' room. EmberLee's room is the "Den, or Study" it doesn't have a closet, but we just found her a dresser that has a little closet in it. I'm going to repaint it a light lavander and add a metal front to the closet door to give her a magnent board. She is currently using her old toddler bed that still amazingly enough fits her. She loves it, but we are looking into finding her a single bed. She is next to Jake and I. I didn't take a picture of our room because it's still infested with boxes. Maybe I'll do a blog just on my bedroom when I'm done :) We fit nicely here. For at least a year, we are currently looking to buy a home here. It we are going to be here for 5 years at least we want to try and build some equity. If we come home then we can possibly rent it out, or use it as a summer home, because both Jake and I have agreed that Summer here is totally awesome and perfect. We'll see how it all works out. But for now this is our place without pictures on the walls, or vinyl, or very much furniture. We're slowly building it back up.

4 comments:

Norm and Frances said...

That is really nice!!!! Can I move in with you guys??? You must not know what to do with yourselves with that much room!!! Beautiful!

Wilson Clan said...

I LOVE all the wood!! That's the kind of cupboards I'd love to have in my house, if I ever get one. LOL There is tons of room for you guys. AT least you won't be bust'n at the seams for a while. :) Can't wait to come and visit!!

Nancy said...

Looks like a nice place, Ty. Isn't is great to have room to spread out.

Teresa said...

Wow! And to think that you lived in our tiny apartment for so long. I'm glad you guys finally have room to streach your legs!