
So Because it was Saturday Kurtis went and played with a kid in the ward, when I picked him up he was crouched on the ground. He looked like he wanted to cry. So when he hobbled to the van and got in I asked him what was wrong. He said, Mom, I think I broke my foot or something. I looked over to see his toe swollen. I asked how he did it, and he said that they were playing Soccer and he missed the ball and kicked the ground intstead. When we got home we decided to take him in, we were afraid that he would need rods put into his toes, and possibly the bone in his foot. At least we could have it X-rayed to find out for sure what needed to be done. When we got there Jake put him in the big fat people wheelchair, then he thought it was wheelchair derby or something. I don't think he took his Vyvanse today LOL. Triage was odd. The lady was so annoying I was ready to slap her. She talked herself through every thing she was doing "2015688, 2015688" as she typed it into the computer, "Tab, Tab, F3, Enter" As both Jake and I were sitting there she asked Kurtis if he felt safe at home. LOL, like if he didn't, he was going to say it right there? Stupid Chic. Anyways.

Once we got in the room the Nurse came in, saw his foot, and guessed right away which foot was bad. The Dr came in and said, "it doesn't look swolen to me, it looks pretty normal actually" Whatever, bowzow. Infact the X Ray which I'm certain still, right now, that it shows something, and he didn't take the time to look it over properly. He said that Kurt has turf toe. Basically he stubbed his big toe and cramed the cartilage together. He's going to be sore for a while, but he's fine. He did nothing else during that visit, but because we weren't admited there is suppose to be a $100 co-pay and that's it. Cheaper than home for us. So our 1st ER visit is under our belt :) Good Job Kurtis. Now he's a gimp. He can't even climb his ladder to the top of his loft bed to sleep. He's stuck on the mattress on the floor.
3 comments:
Ouch! Hope it heals quickly so he can sleep on his bed again.
Way to go Kurt!!!! I'm glad it was't broken and you will recover soon. Although, I'm sure it doesn't feel like it right now.
Ha ha, that's what he gets for kicking the floor, sleeping on the floor. Cazy kid. He really is accident prone isn't he?
Post a Comment