Friday, July 10, 2009

Week3: Milk Carton

When we go shopping at wal mart the milk carton's where pretty strange to me. Maybe they're different everywhere else, other than Utah. I'm not sure, but a rectangle isn't exactly a normal milk jug. The lid is huge and the kids loose it because the threads on it are small. Kind of hard to connect the threads. It's thicker than the gallons at home. You can see your milk in there, but it's not as thin. It doesn't have a tab to pull or a ring to pop. Once you open your lid there's a seal you have to peal off, like on Ketchup. The milk cartons here are strange, what do you think?

6 comments:

Norm and Frances said...

Definatley strange!!!! Isn't it funny the things we get used to?

Teresa said...

LOL! Wow, those are different! Maybe it is so that... well I have no clue. They are just plain wierd up there. Isn't it great that you fit in?! Love you friend!

Wilson Clan said...

Talk about odd...I don't know if that's something I could get use to. But then again, I bet when people from Alaska come here, they think we're weird. LOL Wonder if it has to do with the lighting there. You'll have to e-mail the Wal-Mart corp and ask them. I'd like to know. :)

Virginia said...

Intereting. Does it fit better in the fridge or is it hard to find a place for it?

Nancy said...

Weird! When you figure that one out let me know. Weird!

Nancy said...

Hi Ty, this is Ken. I'm glad to hear that everything is going well up there. There are a couple of different reasons why the milk up there is packaged this way. First of all, pretty much all of the grocery products have to be flown in, when you put milk in a plane and fly it above 25k feet, there is a phenomenon known as flux capacitation that occurs. In order to remedy this, they have discovered that you need to take the top angle off of the milk cartons and increase the thickness. The reason for the larger lid is because Alaska has a non-standardization lid act in which nothing with a lid is allowed to mimic any lid from the mainland U.S. Hope this shed some light on the situation for you and anyone else reading this. If you need anything else answered, please let me know. I am a fountain of bogus information :)