Wednesday, September 9, 2009
HOMESCHOOLING
I'm sure a few of you are wondering what we are doing and maybe how we are doing with our homeschooling.
The 1st week of school for EmberLee was extremely rough. EmberLee left at 8:25 or so in the morning to get on the bus, and she wouldn't be home until 4:05 or so in the afternoon. As some of you know; EmberLee values her sleep. So to be able to function on a level that we all can handle she has to go to bed at 7:30/8pm. That was only giving her a few hours with us. Even then she was an awnry grump besides. The Friday of the 1st week of school I let her stay home and sleep in. That poor little girl was so exhausted. The next week she again couldn't get up on Thursday. We tried out doing a day at home with school, just to see if it would work. So at the end of that day I called the school and had them prepare her Exiting papers. I was going to take her out. I turned in those papers today at IDEA, and have an appointment to fill out the curriculum information for EmberLee tomorrow at 11am. She does well at home. When the boys are doing their blogs, and breaks, I work with her one on one. Then she'll do her math when the boys are doing theirs. English...Art and so forth. For kindergarten it doesn't last that long. I'm finding songs and rhymes and such that I remember doing in Kindergarten. We'll be signing her up for either Ice Skating, or Gymnastics, and also Piano like the boys will also be doing. She'll have a chance there to meet kids her age, and also it will be very important that we make play dates during the week with kids from the ward that she can play with. So now I have accepted the challenge to be home schooling all of my school aged kids. With our scheduled weekday it works. It's the Saturday's that seem to be an unorganized mess. It also seems to be the only day that chores are getting done. We are doing school the rest of the week. It's also keeping me busy so I'm not as homesick. So we are getting everything pulled together so that all these kids will be doing school from home :) That will also keep me sane when the snow falls and I won't have to worry about EmberLee on that bus in the snow. All my babies will be right here with me. :) I love my kids so much. I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I am being given to be their teacher.
Austin has been video taping us working, he wants to make a video of how we've done school in our home. I've assigned each of the boys a blog to Journal on. I want to do this, so that we can see how far they've come over the year. They can barely form a sentence, and a paragraph has been a struggle to thus far. So we are working on that, but your welcome to check them out. Kurt's blog is: www.outwiththewords.blogspot.com and Austin's blog is: www.haustheboss.blogspot.com feel free to leave comments. This will also teach them a little about posting, the computer, and they will be practicing their typing.
This is where we stand for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment