Saturday, September 12, 2009

Ouch

When we were doing our chores today someone left a fold up chair by the garage door in the entry way, leaned up against the wall. Mr Curiosity decided he was a big kid and tried to open it or something. He pinched his finger so bad that his fingernail was ripped off and is barely hanging on. When Kurt brought him to me and I saw his little finger, I thought that the top of his finger was de-gloved (where the skin is pealed off). I felt the color leave my face as I grabbed a blue rag that I just folded from doing laundry and just held pressure on his bleeding finger. He screamed and screamed, I was trying to keep my cool I was fighting back tears, because of the pain I could imagine my little baby was feeling. I've ripped a fingernail off before so I understand how that was feeling. When Jake and I got to looking at it, it wasn't de-gloved, but he definitely popped the nail off. I held him tight in my arms so that Jake could put a "band-aid" on it. My kids have wasted all the band-aids and any first aid supplies that would have been used right at this moment. So instead Jake took an eye patch and cut it into strips. He wrapped it around our little baby's finger and taped it with scotch tape. He calmed right down and went to sleep. The rest of the day he had it pointed, and wouldn't use it. This evening he chewed the "band-aid" off. When it was off this is what we found. He won't use it still. He's also bumped it a few times. So our little 1 year old will be loosing his finger nail. If you look at the pictures you can see the underside of the tip of his pointer finger is purple to the 1st knuckle. Theron has had a very rough day today, but I wanted to share of our tragedy today. Poor Baby Theron

3 comments:

Norm and Frances said...

Oh, that makes my heart hurt!!! It is so sad to see a little one hurt like that. I don't blame him for screaming!! It looks so painful!!!

Mike and Shawna's Blog said...

Poor guy!That's so sad.

Mike and Shawna's Blog said...

I'm still catching up on your blog. I think its awesome that the boys have blogs to practice writing on, that is such a good idea! I really miss you guys, now that we live right by costco I drive by our old house all the time and wish you could hang out. When are you going to come visit? Oh, if you want I can give you some art and song ideas I know from the preschool.