I have been sick all week and haven't done ANY laundry. Since it was Saturday and our ward started at 9am, I figured I would have the kids get their dirty Sunday clothes washed so they actually had clothes to wear for church. Once I got their clothes in the washer, I noticed it wasn't a big enough load and I didn't want to waste the soap. So I was grabbing clothes to add to the load. As I was going through the dark clothes, I noticed there was a scarf in the laundry all wound up in one of the boys' ties. So I picked it up and went to throw the tie in the hall and when I threw it, it felt like something bit my finger, so I went to throw the scarf and apparently set a fishhook into my finger. In fact I berried it.

I screamed dropped to the floor and unwound the scrub bottoms, and the scarf that was attached to the other prongs on the hook. I yelled for Jake and told Kurt to get
Jake, because I was hurt.

Jake was in the other room making phone calls to members in the ward for bishopric meetings and such. When Jake opened the door he had the phone on his ear, and I was screaming profanities. I was very upset the way Kurtis and Austin cleaned their room it was pure laziness as usual. They have a habit of throwing ALL of the clothing in the laundry room, clean or dirty. When Jake finally hung up the phone, and came to help. He thought that the scarf was something laying on the floor, something that was in the way, so he grabbed it and was going to move it. Instead He "moved" it. I completely lost it. It hurt so bad. I bawled like a 2 year old for a few minutes. Then Jake got his pliars, and we played with the idea of getting it out. I could feel myself come close to passing out a few times or throwing up in pain. So our new plan was to call Ryan and Andrea VanAusdal. I knew from my last injury that should have had stitches that they had Lidocaine and things for stitches. For those of you that are wondering why we didn't go to the ER. It's $100 copay when you go in, unless your hospitalized then it's free....I was pretty sure I wasn't going to be kept. So I didn't want to spend the $100. So Jake called and we got the OK to go over. On the way I was able to get a one handed sympathy ice cream :) We saw a few moose on our way to Ryan's. When we got there we sat at the table, Jake got the needle ready and I cringed. I knew it was coming, but it had to go in my finger that had been jarred and pulled and was throbbing. Jake was AWESOME.

He numbed my
finger where the fishhook had gone in my finger.


Then Jake and Ryan got rid of the rest of the lure, so Jake could see what he was doing. After the lure was gone,

he shoved the dull fishhook through my finger. Made a new hole for it to come out of (which wasn't numbed). It felt similar to maybe just pulling the hook straight out, instead of pushing it through. I wasn't watching.

My finger was very swollen. You can't really tell how swollen it was. But I am very thrilled to have it out of my finger. Now I've got a bruised finger, I'm guessing from the pulling, and pushing and prodding :) I'm going on Laundry STRIKE :) Or the boys can wash, dry fold and I will watch them put it away. Do kids ever grow out of the laziness of cleaning their room??? It's really hurting me now :)
6 comments:
holy monkey girl! you are brave! good thing your man doesn't mind blood etc cause my husband would've driven me to the hospital! lol lucky gal!
OH MY LAWS!!!! Even the kids were saying "owey" and "ooooh" You poor thing. Thank heavens for friends with meds. And a hubby can give shots. I hope the boys learned a quick lesson. Guess you won't be using that finger for a while. I hope it feels better soon. Love ya
You are a trooper! I would have been doing more than screaming obscenities. I don't know what, but it would have been ugly!
I'm so sorry! I'm so glad Jake took such good care of you. Wow, I would swear off laundry forever after that!
Ouch! Excuse me while I go vomit...I'm suddenly feeling queezie. EEEKKKK!!!!
-Nancy
Ummmmm, OUCHIE!! Glad you survived :)
Post a Comment