
During the second week I had a lot of help from my ward. My kids were taken a few days out of the week so that I didn't have to worry about taking care of them. Jake was able to pick them up after work. We had many meals brought to us. My RS Presidency, and Sister Missionaries came over and did laundry, got kids on chores. It was very helpful. It was very releaving not to have to worry about taking care of the kids. My favorite meal brought was Shepherds pie. The Wargo's in our ward brought it. When I opened it, to my surprise she left us a message. This day was a long one. So to open up and see such a neat note was better than a get well card.
I'm so grateful to the service that has been rendered to my family. I have a hard time excepting the help. the second week I was desperate and still needed it desperately, so I couldn't turn it down. I was truly blessed to have so many sisters so willing to help. My experience in receiving help from a ward was 3 meals and some clean up during some bed rest or having babies. This however, was amazing. I was told that here in Alaska we are a family. There isn't a limit on how much someone needs help. We were helped tremendously. Not just 3 days but for at least 2 weeks. I'm still getting people calling checking up on me. I am truly blessed. I'm so grateful for the serving attitude that the women in my ward have. They are such an inspiration to me. I'm excited for the time that I get to serve in return. Thank you to everyone that has helped my family while I was down and out.
3 comments:
What a great ward family. It does feel good knowing how loved you are and makes you so eager for your turn to serve. Our ward here is really sweet too. After Alex was born we had 6 people bring dinners. Two of them were never asked and didn't even know who we were. They just heard we had a baby and brought over a meal.
I am so happy that you have such a wonderful ward. That is what the church is all about....service and you have certainly been blessed with a wonderful example!!!
Get that recipe!!!! It sounds awesome, but, I bet the message on top made it taste even better.
Post a Comment