
I decided to try my 6 week appointment early in the morning this time. As usual I was violated. (What would life be like if I didn't see Dr Oliver without my pants on?) Everything was healing GREAT. I was sent down to the Urgent care to do my blood work. I will go back and get my shots to take at home monthly instead of the pills, after Dr Oliver gets my hormone levels back. I won't have to worry about the hot-flashes I've been having at night time. They're not bad, just enough to wake me up. We went over the risks of Osteoporosis. I do have to go back in 5 years to have a bone density test done. But the chances of me getting Breast Cancer a slim to none now.
Because it was Wednesday I decided to run over to the thrift store....it was $1 day. Theron needs pants that fit, and we have a friend that her daughter is in need of some pants. I also needed props for pictures. I got a few pair of pants for Theron, 6 yards of fabric for some sewing, and some games. I ran over to IDEA (our homeschooling school district office) to pick up some things from their curriculum sale. I found Scaredy Cat Reading System #4 for $25. Luckily for me that comes out of our allotment for the year. I also got some things in the mail...like my flash for my new camera, and my flash diffuser for my flash. After I got home and realized that my kids did NOTHING while I was gone. I started getting on Kurtis about picking up the air soft pellets. He was ignoring me, so I grabbed a metal reloading pipe from Austin air soft gun, and blew a few of them at Kurtis. He picked up a few and the fight was on. It was a fun game, between mom and Kurtis. I never missed a shot. In fact I had Kurtis curled up on the floor in the fetal position laughing. When I ran to get more pellets off the floor he had some ready before I did, and he shot it across the room. I felt one hit my ear. I thought it was right inside my ear, so I was going to reach in and scoop it out. I was wrong, Kurtis got it IN my ear. When I went to feel for it I accidentally shoved it in deeper. I was a bit nervous and called Candy to come save the day. Erin had also come over. So we took Erin's Surger tweezers and tried grabbing it. She just barely missed it and pushed it in even further.

We even tried the vacuum. I was a bit scared to suck out my ear drum or something insane like that. I made a very embarrassing call to our Dr office, asking for some help. Some of you are wondering why it was so embarrassing. First I will have to say that most people that go into the ER or Dr's office to have something removed from their head (nose, ears) are toddlers. I know sometimes my attitude or my maturity level may seem to be just that of a toddler (in my argument, I am with children all day, shouldn't I be counted as a toddler?) I knew that I would be asked how I got an air soft pellet stuck in my ear. I would have to then say that we were playing Air softing in the house. Then in the same sentence I'm sure somewhere would come my real age...32 :) Yes I'm the mother not the Child. Ohh and yes I have already been violated in one hole :) Why not go for another? Right after I hung up the phone with the nurse, that couldn't catch her breath, because she was laughing so hard. Jake called and was ready for me to come pick him up. So I did...he seemed very irritated about the whole situation. We went right over to Dr Boston's office.

He looked and then the Nurse and him used some kind of ear flush that was hooked up to a sink. It felt very weird, but kind of cool. After a few times of that, and some digging Dr. Boston sent me down stairs to the Urgent Care.

When we waited. Then

once again we flushed my ear, we tried using an ear currett. Then we flushed again. Then the PA gave up and it was the Dr's turn. He came in and he poked at it, he put dermabond on the end of a Q tip hoping it would adhere to the pellet. There was no luck there.

The next idea was to numb the inside of my ear to lower the pain, then go behind it with a 18 gage angio cath,

that didn't work. He then tried to use suction (like the vacuum), that didn't work. So then he tried a pair of Alligator graspers, that was our last chance, that also didn't work.

So now that the pellet was no longer by the opening of my ear it was now right up on my ear drum. I was done in the Urgent Care.

I was sent home with something for my MASSIVE ear ache. And Dr. Pullium's (ENT DR) number. I'm suppose to make an appointment to have him take it out. I'm not suppose to wait any longer than Friday. To avoid a true ear infection. So after over 5 hours of attempting to have Dr's remove this air soft pellets. I think it's official I've been violated twice today :) Today was SUCH A GREAT DAY!!! I wonder what tomorrow will bring.
5 comments:
Oh my gosh!! I hope they can get that out!
oh my goodness! Lynnda and Candy told me about this today.. I had to read it for myself. I hope they get it out soon!
Oh my goodness! Never a dull moment at your house. I sure hope Dr Pullium can get it out tomorrow. Yikes!
Wow, what an ordeal! All that work and they still couldn't get it out. You're ear had to be hurting like crazy. At least it'll give your boys something fun to laugh about at the Thanksgiving table when they're older.
What are the chances that he would get it RIGHT IN your ear?! My goodness, you have great luck!
Post a Comment