
I think the struggle lately at this house is trying to get EmberLee to take a shower and to wash her hair, her body and do this without wasting bathroom products. She doesn't want help, but on the other hand she doesn't do it correctly. So Jake and I decided that she needed a little more teaching in the bathroom. I gave her a lesson on why and how. I felt that it was a great learning experience for her. She was excited to shower now and do a good job.
This particular day we had Erin and her girls over while we were finishing up on a sewing project. I had been fighting EmberLee all day long to take a shower. Finally she had asked if her and Jewel could take a bath together. Being occupied, I didn't pay attention to what she was really asking. What she meant to say was, "Mom can me, Lizzy, Bridger, Theron and Jewel take a bath in your tub and waste your $8.00 bottle of shampoo? Remember the stuff in the black bottle that you put high up so that I don't waste it? I'm hoping that we can make bubble bath with it." The answer would have been NO. But like I have said, the trick question came out and I said yes thinking that she really said, "Mom can me and Jewel take a shower quickly and effectively without wasting your shampoo? We'll even get ready for bed and brush out teeth." It was quiet and Erin and I had finally finished our projects for the night, and was getting her ready to go. When Austin came downstairs to ask if I had told EmberLee that she could use my Shampoo as bubble bath in my tub with ALL the little kids. I had a bit of rage running through me, but then my blogging self appeared.....by the way(tangent), I've noticed that when I've caught a kid doing something bad or in a bind of some kind, I catch myself NEEDING a camera. I call it a "blogging moment". The great thing about this moment was I have been studying my new camera. This was a great opportunity to use what I've been learning. I grabbed it before I could get anything important, like a towel for the floor, or towels for kids. I got there even before Jake (tangent over). I got a great picture of the little stinkers. They filled my tub WAY TOO FULL and used 3/4 of my family size Treseme shampoo, that cost around $8. Jake interupted and got after me for not cleaning it up right away, he says that taking pictures should be last on my list of things to be doing at the moment.....maybe something was wrong with me to want to get such a great picture. I put down the camera after getting the glare from Jake....One day he might thank me for having this awesome blog for our family Journal. The stories wouldn't be as good without the sacrificed pictures. I feel that Jake possibly misunderstands my motives. I did learn that I TRULY misunderstood EmberLee in her time of need for playtime with little friends. They should always have a jetted tub to activate bubbles.....I guess next time I'll be more understanding.
4 comments:
Oh my!! At least she got clean....I agree with you, we need to remember the crazy stuff our kids do. That way when they're grown and gone, we can look back and laugh and be relieved it's over, rather than sob because we are empty nesters. ;-)
I say keep grabing the camera first. You said the first thing that went through your mind was rage but before you could get to the bathroom and deliver the rage you grabbed your camera instead and calmed down by taking pictures. Yes water will damage the floor and should be cleaned up, but in the eternal perspective of things the floor is only temporary and your relationship with your daughter will last so much longer. She will go to Heaven with you. So next time your blogging motives are misunderstood you can remember that you are choosing the better part.
Hilarious! That's totally something EmberLee would do. I love the picture by the way! So keep grabbing the camera. :-)
HeeHeeHee! I'm the same way :D But, hey, it's like counting to 10 before losing your temper, right?
Post a Comment