Sunday, June 6, 2010

Ember's Birthday Tea Party May 15th

For Ember's birthday she wanted to do a Tea Party. I made some little invites with my cricut, on them I asked them to come in their Sunday best. 2 weeks before and handed them out at church (Ember doesn't have any other friends, but who we know from church). The day before I went to the thrift store and tried to find the most suitable tea cups ever....I ended up finding clear punch cups and salad plates. They worked great. I cleaned like mad the night before, along with making the egg salad that went in the sandwiches. In the morning I woke up early and made miniature cupcakes But they worked. We even had a few boys come. Which was kind of fun. As the cupcakes went around they also got sprinkles to add. I added boiling water to each cup, their choice of herbal tea. I showed them all how to cover their cups with their plates to let the tea bag steep. When they were ready to drink it I added an ice cube and a teaspoon of honey. I planned to have a lot of chaos. There was NONE. They did really well, very well mannered, all 12 kids :) After they had tea, Ember opened gifts. She got all kinds of fun things. Like play make-up, and fingernails, and play necklaces, and barbies, and a pack of play sunglasses. Theron had fun trying them out. I think my favorite gift that she got was a blanket that Sister Coyle made EmberLee. It has purple butterflies, and her name is on it. It's a black fibro fleece I believe. Ember uses it every night. On her birthday EmberLee got a new bike from Jake and I, along with a purple Helmet. Having a tea party was kind of fun. I would have to say the most popular gift that EmberLee got was this plastic blowing bubbles. All the kids were sharing the straws. I was hoping it wouldn't cause some kind of sickness or something. Riley (one of the boys) did awesome in bringing something SO COOL. The kids had fun, and I'm glad they all could come. We've NEVER had that many friends come to any of our birthday parties. I'm still going to believe that our Ward Family here is much more family than our last ward. No offense to anyone from our last ward :). This one is just so connected. There aren't any cliques, and it's just as comfortable as our own family. I'm so glad we have enough friends that we could invite. It made Ember's Tea party a HIT :)

1 comment:

Virginia said...

What a FUN party and great idea!