Friday, August 13, 2010

The Beauty's of Alaska

We went on a walk after dinner. I brought my camera. I HATE the rain here, but I don't mind the cool weather, and I don't mind the green. I don't have to water the lawn, and it's raining way too much to mow it. Because it's moist all the time we have really cool mushrooms that grow here. So many variations. Brown ones that hold water like a tea cup Pink ones, Decaying ones, ones that look like they could talk. Ones that looked like they could be a fairy's house. Some that look like they could be a home for a smurf. There's a clearing that has Devils Claw. I'm told that this is something you NEVER want to be stuck in. I love how it looks though. I love the red berry's they scatter some color across all the green. Then there was some nipple mushrooms. At least that's what Kurt was calling them. Theron slid down the hill on his butt. He had a lot of fun. But not as much fun as Kurt. The kids were swinging on the rope swing on the trail, and Kurt hit the tree with the side of his face. We found a fuzzy mushroom Whenever I took a picture of something Theron would stop and say "CHEESE" this was one of the times. Then I couldn't resist our little E B. We like her.

6 comments:

Norm and Frances said...

Beautiful pictures!!!! What a treat to see the wonders of nature up close and personal!!!!! It is so odd to see you all dressed in sweatshirts and coats. We are in the mid 90's here!!! How is Kurts face? Looks bruised.

Wilson Clan said...

Those could be in a magazine. Those mushroom pics were so cool.I LOVE the one of Jake, Theron and EB. You're getting so good :) Miss you

Lowe Family said...

We only see mushrooms growing in our lawn!!! Those are some cool ones.

Virginia said...

You capture such great moments. Beautiful pictures! I can't believe how much Theron has grown. I think he has changed the most since I was there in February.

Anonymous said...

I just wish I knew which mushrooms were edible and which ones would kill me in 72 hours!! :)

Your new puppy is adorable.

Are you feeling better? Is the strep gone? I hope so!

Nancy said...

Beautiful pics. It reminds me of the biology class I recently finished. Pretty cool.