We've GAINED
There are a few things that we've gained in the last few weeks.
- I've gained a few new jobs....yes a few. The first one was pretty much handed to me. There is a family in the ward that has a daughter that is a quadriplegic. I take care of her on Friday and Saturday nights from midnight till 4am. This isn't that hard for me, because I'm a night owl anyways. I love taking care of her. She's a joy. The kids don't even notice I'm gone. The struggle is the sleep deprivation. I try to get a few extra hours, but I need to adjust those so that I'm not taking from my kids. Jake is usually here though. The other job is my photography. I've made more in the last few weeks than I have in the last 7 years. I've got it finally picking up. I struggled before asking for payments from a photo shoot. I've learned a lot, and have gained a mentor. She's a photographer there in Utah. I keep in contact with her and ask questions, she offers her help and advice where ever I need it. I now have an easy way of collecting payment, and I have a contract now that I didn't have before. I have found lighting equipment at garage sales. I've been getting my inventory up....props, backdrops and what not. With my Aunt and cousin we are working on a Home Decor craft business. Something I can work on when I come home for a few months next year. I've started a blog of the inventory and tracking the things I've been making. I put the blog on the left side with all the other blogs I have. Take a look if you wan to. I've been working on tile clocks this last week. I will be putting a lot of these things in the craft bazaar here on the 20th. I'm excited to see how it goes. I'm going to also be selling some of my nature pictures. I'll be doing a few photo shoots with just Alaska outdoors and me.
- I've gained a few new callings in the ward as well. At first it was just a simple Relief Society Teaching assignment. Once every other month from Teaching for our times. I did my first week, then got a call from one of the councilors in the Relief Society. She was requesting that I move to every 3rd week in the month. She said it was because I attract members (still not sure what that meant). I was taught once that you shouldn't turn down callings. They're given to you from our Heavenly Father, if I turn it down I'm not having Faith in Him, and I'm not trusting what He has instore for me. With that said, I accepted. The Sunday morning of my 2nd time teaching with was the first time with the 3rd Sunday...I was asked for Jake and I to come meet with one of the councilors before Church. When we went, I was given a second calling as the Young Women Camp Director. I've been wanting a calling in the Young Women FOREVER. So of course I accepted. It's going to be a blast to go camping with our Young Women, especially because my son has half of them wrapped around his finger. I'd like to be in closer nit with them. Make sure that everyone is minding their P's and Q's :). Actually, I do know that I have lots to teach if I can. I will be working on being an example toward these Young Women. I will love both callings.
- Working for the family in our ward has also opened up a new option for us. They were getting rid of their PT Cruiser and new we were in need. They sold it to us for $1500. We'll be paying $300 for 5 months. Both Jake and I said once that we would never own one.....well, We're biting our tongues, and we both LOVE IT.I will blog later with pictures. I haven't gotten around to it yet. But it's a 2002, it's got 160k miles on it. Which is normal for AK....cars here are usually high millage. We did take the car to our mechanic. It does need some work, but nothing we can't handle.
I have felt very blessed over the last few weeks. I love to look and see what we've gained. It reminds of the blessings we have for being obedient. Doing those simple things in our home is a blessing to us.
2 comments:
You are busy, busy, busy!!!! It sure does sound like you are doing fun things. I am looking forward to seeing your nature pictures. Be sure to include the mushroom ones and the names you called them!!! I love those, and you also took some really pretty ones that were by a river. Beautiful!!!
I've been so worried because you haven't been blogging. I am SO glad to read these. Remembering your blessings really helps keep things in perspective. Congratulations on all you are doing! Love ya!
Post a Comment