Friday, December 31, 2010

Micah Huggard

 We had a tragedy occur in my family on Christmas.
 If you click on my link above these words, you can watch the news on what happened.

This season seems to be a time where I review the death of my mom. Each day I review in my head what was going on 11 years ago. Monday afternoon I was on facebook and saw on my little sister profile something about her prayers being with Micah and his family. Then I went to his sisters profile. People were offering up anything to help....so I didn't want to think anything happened. If anything I was hoping that someone was just hurt. When I called my dad, he told me about the accident. I was DEVASTATED.

I grew up with Micah, Anna, Sara, Becky, Jake, and Harvey. Micah was the youngest. I remember him most as the fun little cousin. He was cute. I went on with my life and he with his, but then he served a mission. We went to his homecoming. Which still makes me laugh to this day. He went on and on and on and on. He went on about 30 minutes over. I loved how his Faith and Obedience helped him so much. He KNEW Christ. He served him with all of his heart. He did a fabulous job. I was proud to call him my family. We haven't been close over the years, but I had the chance to talk with him on Facebook for about an hour or so a few months back. He was so fun to talk to. He very interested in where I was in the world. We talked about life as kids. It was a great talk. I never would have though that it was going to be the last time I talked to him. Either way I am so proud to call him my cousin. Micah loved music, he loved movies with Adam Sandler, he loved being with his family a lot. He loved the out doors. Micah loved 4 wheeling. It was second nature to him. He was a great person. Loved by so many.

One of his favorite quotes which hits home to me, "I've got an eye on the future, an eye on the past, and the present in my pocket"


2 comments:

karijean said...

I didn't know you were related to Sara. Small world. I'm so sorry for your loss, Ty.

Virginia said...

What a beautiful tribute to Micah! How wonderful that you were able to chat with Micah recently. Did you send this to Sara or Jeani? I know they were appreciate reading this. This is an example of something you DO and I only think of doing and don't do....