Thursday, February 3, 2011

SERIOUS WEIGHT LOSS

So in January Jake signed up for a weight loss challenge with some of his co-workers. He's done this back home as well, but NEVER took it as serious as he is this time. After a few weeks of watching him be so serious about this. Watching him turn down Pizza, and Bisquits and gravy, and speghetti, I knew he needed something at home to exercise with. As he was seriously showing me his devotion, I was looking at purchasing the Kinect for our Xbox 360. So during our grocery shopping on payday, I walked with Jake to the Electrics department and casually purchased it without him really understanding what I was doing. He thought I was just getting a game for the kids or something and then I had put the Kinect in the cart and his mouth dropped open. Then he got gitty. It was pretty funny. With it I got the game Biggest Loser. This was for Jake to help with his exercise program. He also picked up a Shake weight. This was suppose to give him some workout options. We have been trying to get a hold of a used stationary bike from a guy at work. It worked out that our new friends Brandi and Huey were offered the same bike at a lower cost. So they got it and we were suppose to pay them back, but the refused to take our money. So Jake now has the Kinect that he uses 2 to 3 nights a week, the Shake weight that he uses (so far it seems as if he does this the same nights as the kinect) for part of his work out, and the stationary bike that he uses for aerobic a few nights a week, or when he's sitting on the couch watching TV, he moves himself over there and watches. He upped his Fiber intake, and lowered his Calories, and he's watching his portions. He's stopped ALL soda, and drinks water like mad. He eats lots of little meals during the day. In those meals he's eating more fruits and vegi's.

In December Jake was over 300lbs. He didn't look it because he carries his weight well. But I was way worried and he had an appointment with our family Dr. Had a ton of blood work done. He's very healthy except for those lipids (fat) in his blood. Just in the last 4 weeks or so he's down to 285. I am so proud of him. I can't even explain it. He had to adjust the button on his pants the other day to keep his pants up. Which makes me SO HAPPY. I love Jake so much, I love that he's finally got the motivation to loose the weight that could eventually shorten his life. Jake is amazing. I'll keep praising him. GO JAKE, GO JAKE, GO JAKE!!!! YOU CAN DO IT.

4 comments:

karijean said...

That is so great! I wish I could encourage Scott to exercise and eat better. I so worry about him not taking care of himself. I worry about being an early widow. Ultimately though, it is up to him to exercise, I can't make him and he has to decide for himself. Kudos Jake!

Lowe Family said...

That's awesome!! I wish I were that motivated. I was looking around for good recipes and came across this website that I thought would be good....
http://www.momswhothink.com/healthy-recipes/healthy-dinner-recipes.html

You can print out menus for up to 8 wks. I plan menus 2 wks at a time so i printed out 2 wks. This will make it so much easier. let me know if you try any and i'll do the same. they all sound really good.
Love you guys!!!

Virginia said...

CONGRATULATIONS JAKE!! Way to go. That is so awesome. Keep it up!

Norm and Frances said...

Send some of that motivation down here!!! For some reason, mine has just about run out!!!! Proud of you Jake! I bet you feel better in so many ways!!!! Keep it up, and then fill me in on how you do it, cause then I need to get in gear!!!!