Monday, December 5, 2011
New to AK
We picked up the Cases from the airport Monday at 1am on Nov 28th. Poor Jake was on his medication and couldn't stay awake. After 13 bags off the luggage pick up we got on the road. The roads were slushy, wet and icy. It was nice to pull into our driveway. Our wait was finally over. Jared has been to his work in Anchorage a few times and is figuring out when and where he's going to be working for the next time out. The kids are registered for school for the most part, and they have their keys to their new place which happens to be next door. We've spent the weekend painting so the colors could be livable for Heidi. It's been fun to watch our kids interact after being apart for years. I've loved having Jared and Heidi here in our house. It's been really nice to have someone to hang out with all the time. I love knowing that our Christmas' will not be alone, and I love that Jake has his best friend back. The Xbox hasn't been played since they've been here. I love the fact that they are FINALLY HERE after months and months of talking, waiting and configuring their journey. A few years ago it was us, and we talked about both our families coming up here together, they obviously couldn't make it then. But 2 years later, and a lot of changes, it happens that they are able to come up and it benefiting their family more than not coming. I AM SO GRATEFUL to have them here. WELCOME TO AK CASES :). Watching them acclimate is HILARIOUS! lol.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment