Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Thanksgiving 2014 was done at our house here in Idaho.

Jakes parents came up and got a hotel. She made her famous Mac n Cheese the night before, and she bought the pies. The morning of Thanksgiving I took all 5 of our monkeys to play in the pool at the hotel. They had a lot of fun.

Dad and Virginia came, they were in charge of the drinks and chips, and they brought a veggie tray. Erna came over and made an amazing green salad with strawberry's avocado and spinach.

Jake had the kitchen in full swing and didn't need me in his way. He made funeral potatoes in the crock pot. He roasted the turkey to perfection with butter, rosemary, and sage in between the skin. He also made the most amazing sourdough stuffing. He also made Parmesan lemon green beans. The best part of our feast was I didn't feel unhealthy after eating it. The most unhealthy part of it was the potatoes, and the pie. Everything else was healthy.

It was a nice Thanksgiving. Kurtis brought Ashley over. So I had all 5 of my kids here. I just wish that my brother and his family could have made it. Next year it's at my dads.

No comments: