Thursday, May 8, 2008

A day at the Dr's Office

So, after a night of a husband coughing his brains out of his ears, and a little girl pressed up on my side....randomly coughing in my face with little girl morning breath. I decided that I needed to finally take EmberLee to the Dr's office. I was able to get a hold of the Dr.'s office and get an appoitment for my coughing Ember, for 11:00 this morning, not to early. As we sat in the waiting room for at least 45 minutes Bridger couldn't stay in one place and play with toys or let me read him a book, or look out the window, or watch Chicken Little. He's got to run into the back office every second that he thinks that I'm not paying attention. Only when I got after him very sternly did he freaked out and finally took his favorite little orange blanket in hand and sat on my lap and watched all the other weird children that came in there. This kids that their parents don't wash their faces before they bring them into public, and the one that is wearing clothes that don't fit so as they're sitting on the ground playing with the germ infested toys their bum is hanging out. Ohh and wecan't forget the kid with the weird name, today his name was Blue. EmberLee decided it was her place to tell the mom that Blue was a color not a name. I couldn't help but laugh. The mom agreed with EmberLee, and gave me a glare. I have manners sometimes, today I choose to apologize for laughing and of course I blamed it on my daughter, kids have no tact at all you know. She laughed and agreed thankfully. I do certainly agree with EmberLee, Blue is not a name it is a color or a name for a dog or farret or something. When we got called in EmberLee got to stand on the scale and find out that she's a whopping 36lbs. (light weight :) ) Then she got her ear dug at because the Dr. couldn't see behind the wax build up and as EmberLee jumped she scraped the inside of her ear. Ember squeelled like a little pig and after she was done crying we got a perscription for a cough medicine to hopefully knock her out. We came home from dropping the perscription off and the fit from not getting a sucker. We had some lunch and then Bridger finally went down for his nap that he was way over due for. And We've decided to put on Cinderella and have quiet time. This day is becoming soo long. Kind of like this novel.....maybe this nights rest will be better.

2 comments:

Norm and Frances said...

Having a sick kid is somewhat like having a sick husband, huh??? Been there, done that!!!! Glad you made it out alive.

Kristalyn said...

Hey! I don't know if you remember me, this is one of Christy's old roommates, Kristalyn. I met you at their wedding and I think a few times before that. It was fun to read about your family, good luck with the pregnancy! :)