Thursday, May 22, 2008

Our rainy day

We had a hard start in the morning. But once we got past EmberLee trying to run outside in the rain in her PJ's. I decided after Bridger woke up from his early nap, that we could make some cookies for our Daddy for when he got home. So we learned alot during this hour or two period. We learned that both the kids loved to help add ingredience. We also learned that EmberLee is still a cookie dough thief. I had to threaten her with no cooked cookies if she stole any more. We also learned that Bridger isn't a fan of cookie dough.....SEE.......ewwww gross :) We also learned that Bridger does love chocolate chips while we wait for the cookies to cook. Ohh and we learned that Bridger really does have a big mouth, he can fit the whole beater in his mouth.....This was pretty funny to watch. After a long day of cookies we, froze the rest of the cookie dough in cookie balls for later. And froze our cooked cookies later for treats. Mostly so I didn't just eat cookies when I came into the kitchen. I crave a lot of sugar this pregnancy so when I can see the sweets it's not always a great thing. Jake got home right after the first batch came out of the oven. So he got nice, yummy, hot cookies when he walked threw the door. We went through our hall closet and got rid of blankets we won't use because they're for a baby girl. We folded and organized that closet too. We went threw EmberLee's room and rearranged it. We did all this in a matter of about 2 hours. Jake got to sit and watch a soccer game against Manchester and some other team. Jake wanted Manchester and they did win. Kind of funny watching him watch something that he loves. He acted like he does at the kids soccer games. Kind of cute. Right before bed time. Bridger did something amazing. We stripped him for the tub and after starting to potty on a towel in the living room we walked him to his potty and he finished in the potty. So we pulled out his potty reward system I got months ago at Wally World for $3.50. He loves it. So I didn't get pictures of him using the potty only because now a days that could be mistaken for kiddy porn :) so here is Bridger naked on the couch play'n with part of his potty system. You can't see anything. He even has a little monkey timer that you put on his wrist and it goes off every 20 min for 3 hours. This will make potty training easier. He's been waking up dry most mornings. He's excited to use his potty.

1 comment:

Lowe Family said...

I can't wait til Katie is old enough to "help" in the kitchen!