Saturday we started early, I got a call from my friend Shawna she was at a yard sale and had found a crib in great condition for $35. So I woke kids up stopped at Mc D's grabbed breakfast because I was shaking from no food, Bridger was screaming, Ember was starting in on her fit, Kurt and Austin were complaining that they didn't want to come. It was a great morning :) After food was in there belly's and mine, it was all of the sudden quiet and no complaining. We stopped by the bank and went to the yard sale. I also found there a side railing for EmberLee's bed and some shirts for EmberLee too. Shawna and I got the crib to fit in the van. I took it home and scrubbed the yummy old milk off the whole thing. I'm still trying to figure out how milk would be all over it. I'm guessing someones kid has bottle rot mouth. Needless to say I have a great crib. the best part is, It's the same as EmberLee's crib just brown instead of white. It's in great condition now that's it's been sanitized :) I'm excited. One less thing we need now.
After Jake got home from being called in Saturday morning we went to macey's to buy corn for our last minute Bar-B-Q at the park. We invited a lady and her husband in the stake that Jake works with on the heart team, The Jensen's Darren and Felisha. She's also pregnant, her due date is the day after mine and she's barely showing. I guess this is just her 1st baby though, I'll give her some slack :) They are a way cute couple though. We also invited Mike and Shawna Redford, some of our older friends we don't see much, The Wakefields, some friends in the ward we don't get to hang out with ever, she's (Beth)our R.S. Pres, and he (Jayten) is our YM Pres. He ended up having a last minute meeting and they couldn't make it. Ohh well. And we couldn't leave out our neighbors the Wilson's. Lacey, Keith, Michael, and Adam. We ended up going to the park behind Wal-Mart in Orem. It was named after my Great Grandmothers family, Way beautiful park, it has a pond where you can feed the ducks, a play ground (what kind of park would that be without a playground?) A huge garden, swings, a fountain, tons of tables for eating :) and lots of sidewalks to walk, ride or whatever on. Ohh, I can't forget the grassy area's for those young couples that forget where they are. We did learn that if you bring a blanket with you to the park and cover up you can do almost anything. Of course I couldn't let that happen and caused a bit of a scene they eventually left. The guys brought mitts and a bat and a few balls Bridger loved the bat
We brought our corn to share, Shawna, Mike and Aubry brought a pasta salad way tasty. The Wilson's brought Macaroni Salad, The Jensen's brought a Strawberry jell-o, it had pretzels on the bottom. It was pretty tasty too. Bridger and Little Aubry thought the corn was the best :)
3 comments:
yeah, hey what;s up with all the BBQing without the Watts'? J/K I think that how much I amshowing now, is about how much I was showing with Dylan when I was like 6 1/2 months pregnant, and I am only 21 weeks along! Kind of depressing, but oh well. At least I know that everything is goin well. I guess that is the most important thing, and hey I will lose the weight eventually, right? Like in 2 years or so? LOL We love you guys too. We should do the BBq thing over here sometime.
Gosh, it sounds like you had a great time. Couldn't have been a nicer day for it. Norm and I used to do stuff like that and start out with just a couple of people and sometimes it would be like a stake thing. It would just balloon from one person telling another about someone having a picnic. Kinda fun. Bridger looks happy!!!!
THAT PARK SOUNDS COOL!
Post a Comment