Saturday, July 26, 2008

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

The most awesome thing happened yesterday. As our swamp cooler was dieing slowly, I was downstairs in the coolness of Lacey's apartment, my Dad and Virginia showed up. No warning, or anything. caught me way off guard. But as they walked in my front door, they both had a few bags of groceries each. I'm pretty sure I never asked for them. Infact, I know I never asked for them. Amongst all the frozen prepared dinners, like stoffers lasagna's and skillets, corn dogs, and burrito's, they also took pity on Kurtis and Austin and brought a ton of paper plates, cups, bowls, and plastic wear....Kurt was so greatful you would have thought we handed him $50 :) Then dad said that he was going to take Jake and the kids to a movie to give me a few hours break. Virginia stayed and finished my laundry. She brought a bucket to clean, but I'm so mean and cruel I made Austin do his kitchen yesterday, it took him from 9am till noon, before he actually was finished. Kurt cleaned his bathroom and they both picked up in the livingroom so I could feel somewhat ok. There wasn't a ton for her to do, but sit and visit with me. I needed that, we talked about everything under the sun. It was nice to have someone not be asked to care. She is the one of the neatest people I know. She never has any negative to say about anyone. I admire her conciderably. I am greatful for her in my life and in my childrens lives. I know that she is suppose to be in our family. She is the best thing that has happened to my DAD. I love her so much. The coolest thing happened when they were leaving though. When my dad got up and said it was time that they needed to go. Bridger jumped down off my lap and started to cry. He ran up to my Dad and leaped into his arms and gave him the biggest hug. It was the most indearing thing I've seen for a long time. If you don't know the history here, let me inform you just a little bit. Since Bridger has been a baby he's never really warmed up to my dad. Each time he comes he seems OK to play with Grandpa on his own terms. But he's not ever been to fond of hunging Grandpa on his own. Last night to see Bridger show emotion to Grandpa was so special. When my dad picked him up, I was tearing up because you could tell that Grandpa was touched as well. It was so neat to see Bridger love his Grandpa for a little while. I was down in a chair and by the time I thought about the camera our moment was over. But it was definitely the neatest thing to see. Today, at about 10:30 this morning I had 4 of the RS ladies come, that sounds so informal. I would actually say that they are friends to me. They took about an hour out of their day to come and make my kitchen walls white :) they cleaned the walls that I so desperately needed detailed. It meant everything to me to have them come and do that. My house wasn't a mess so they didn't have much to do, but the fact that they came and took the time to focus on the part of my house that is used most meant a lot to me. I am greatful for that hour today. I am completely greatful for my family and friends. It seems when I struggle I'm handed more than I think I can handle. Luckily I'm not the one that can decide how much I can handle. I end up out on top everytime. And a bigger person each time. I've never been one to beg for help. I'm so glad that I didn't have to. It seems whenvever I have asked for help it's been a complete struggle to get it. I am greatful for the chance that this has brought to me for our family to become closer together. I am also greatful for my friends that seem to be there when I need them most. I have to say that my list is longer now than it has ever been in my entire life.

2 comments:

Virginia said...

Thank you for the wonderful comments. I hope I can get out the door with my head swollen so big! I loved visiting with you and spending time with you.

It also was touching to see Bridger hug Steve and enjoy being with his grandpa.

I am glad your RS friends made your kitchen walls sparkle.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had that time with Virginia. She is such a neat person and things seem to be so much better for you and her. It is good to hear that she is an addition to your life, that is positive.

I too, think your dad did good. Virginia and he seem to be a real team, and they love "all" of their kids. That is something that I have always admired about them.

You and Jake are so strong, and I hope someday the pressure lessens a bit for you. I don't think I will ever feel good about the fact that I have been so absent in these trials for you both. I love you both and hopefully am getting to the point where I can be there more. It makes me feel really bad, that I can't do more, but that day is coming.

I love you all.