So while we waited, because they were going to call us when she was closer on the list. We went to the bank, and I took EmberLee to McDonald's for lunch. She ate and played one last time with her cast in the play area there. We went back to the office just in time to get called back. I'm not sure why she was such a ham. Either because of the sugar from the sprite, or I don't spend enough one on one time with my little EmberLee.
Once she used the bathroom twice and checked out the fishes from finding Nemo we got back to the room and choose our song that would be blaring in her ears to drowned out the noise from the saw. The nurse showed EmberLee how the saw worked. and I touched it to show her that it didn't cut skin :) comforting right?
She was fine with it, in fact Envanesance helped her stay calm (that's the singer on the iPod she choose) and she watched without even flinching, she did great. This picture is after the sawing took place. Notice the purple dust on the cloth :) And she didn't even cry :)
She now treats her arm as if it's still in the cast, and she has a few layers of nasty dead skin on it that will take a few baths to get it all off. We just have to work on range of motion with her for the next 3 weeks. No Dr. Appointment necessary, because if she doesn't seem to get it back after 3 weeks Jake will just catch Dr. Bacon when he's working with him. We only had to pay $65 in co pays for this accident :) This definitely wasn't a priceless accident :)
1 comment:
I sure have missed spending time with the kids while my drama has been happening. That EmberLee never ceases to amaze me. Such a stinker one minute and a brave spirit the next. What a kid. You have done well.
I love you all
Post a Comment