Thursday, July 10, 2008
A Scare for US
So I worked a whole Shift Tuesday and am now paying the price for sitting with my legs up. I contracted/cramped all night Tuesday night and ended up calling Wednesday morning and went in to make sure we were OK, meaning the baby. I was able to get right in. I was weighed, I've gained a total of 10lbs now. I was told that there is a new test that would be able to tell us if we are in preterm labor or not. If I was checked and at a 2cm or more then we'd send in the test, although it would cost $400 and because it's new most insurances won't pay for it. But if it's positive their is a %98 chance we'd be having a baby in the next week. So I'd be admitted to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center and pumped up on Steroids for the babies lungs development. A baby born at 29 weeks would be in NICU. I was way nervous at this point. So I was checked and I'm dilated to a 1. and very relieved. I'm now officially flat on my back on bed rest. I know.....updating my blog, I'm caught. It's an addiction, I can't help but get up for a little bit. I was sent home on strict instruction to not work and to stay down. If they got any worse than what they were I was to go in immediately. They ended up getting worse before the day was over. And Jake and I went in last night at about midnight. I was able to get a shot called trimadol or something like that. It calms down the smooth muscles that are involved during contractions. The side effects are awful though. You can feel your heart pound like you just ran a race and sat down. Your shaky and can't stop no matter how much you try to calm yourself down. They stopped my contractions instantly and we were sent home with some sleeping meds to help stay calm through the night. I woke up this morning about 8 am with our enemy "contractions" So Jake was able to stay home today, we pulled out the hide-a-bed and I've been flat on my back all day, till now obviously. But for me that's great bed rest :) EmberLee has been testing the waters all day yesterday and today. I'd love to give her away. She's been a huge stinker. I would hand her off for others to find her love for me, but I think that she might burn bridges. The boys will be home tomorrow from there waste of......... Hopefully, the struggles we get to deal with them will be minor, the stress will be interesting to deal with. Sorry, again no pics. I can't really do pictures with that story. I'm glad that our background blog page is back up and running. I like to be able to change it when I'm sick of the last one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so sorry you are having so many problems. Steve and I will keep you in our prayers. STAY IN BED.
Post a Comment