Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Austin's current obsession

So my Austin the last month has made a visit to Pet's Mart almost everyday to check on the Bearded Dragons. Not the puppies, or the kitty's, or ferrets....a nasty looking scruffy bearded dragon...Yes it's a lizard. I'm not a fan at all. Austin has tried to get me and Jake excited to have one and all I can say is ewww nasty. Any type of reptile is not my thing.
He's priced these out with food, and cleaning equipment, and a heat rock, and a aquarium, and thermometer, and a few other things he would need. And this is what he thinks he "needs". He is so adamant about having the knowledge of taking care of one, so he can have one. If he isn't holding them at Pets Mart he's reading all the books they have on them, when he's home, he's online checking for any information about them. He's bugged me to go to the library to read more about them. He wants one so bad. I just can't stand the thought of having one in my house.
We pay the boys for their grades, but we've switched it up a little bit this year. The boys won't get paid until our tax return comes, which is usually in Feb. Austin is fully aware of this and is obsessed with these nasty little creatures. I sure hope this is a phase and not going to last till Feb. I thought because this is a lot of what is discussed recently in our home it needs to be blogged.

2 comments:

Wilson Clan said...

Ick. So long as it doesn't end up at my house. LOL

Anonymous said...

Step on it!!!!