Monday, August 4, 2008

Bocce Ball

For family home evening we've decided to pair up with the Wilson's. We will be trading each week for which family will be in charge. Our first Monday of the month will be an activity, and we'll be doing lessons the rest of the month. We've decided to pair up because it's difficult for the Wilson's to do a lesson for one child, and when we have our FHE's we've learned that it's always funner with another family. We used to invite people over for our FHE's, we've stopped doing that because I was working Monday nights and our goal was to try to do it another night of the week(that would rarely happen). So this is our way for now of getting things done :) Our friends The Wilson's had the 1st week of the month. They choose to play Bocce ball. It's kind of like horse shoes, but with balls. Way fun, Apparently you throw a smaller ball down and take turns with colored balls throwing to try to get closest to the smaller ball. The kids had a blast, and I'm pretty sure Jake and Keith did too. Lacey was score keeper, and I was the lazy bum on the lawn chair taking pictures. It wasn't very fun in the heat though. They all played 2 games, one in the heat and one when the sun started to go down. I preferred the 2nd game. :) I think everyone did too. Bridger had fun too. Dad stripped off his shirt after wiping his nose with the front of it, he got told "no" that he couldn't have a "pop" and the world ended. He decided he was done after his snot filled shirt came off. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard of that game...in fact I think I saw Morgan playing it next door a while back. They all said it was fun.

Good idea about your FHE's. Norm and I are not good at having them at all and really need to just get in a do it. It will sure benefit your families. I am glad you have someone to do it with. There are all kinds of aids online, to help you with the lessons. Try mormonchic.com. It's great, and there are others too....just have to do a bit if surfing.

You are doing good!!!!

Lowe Family said...

I have really wanted to start doing FHE but I am really bad. I just need to sit down and get a month ready at a time...I guess that's kinda hard without a computer and printer :( Oh well. I need to think of something though I really want to start having it.

Ty Lyman said...

Christy, I find it difficult when you either Jake and I aren't both their or your trying to do it for a baby or one child. We felt that this would help both our families (the Wilson's and Us) and we'd be accomplishing something we were suppose to be doing. It's worth it. Hopefully starting while your family is small you can gain that habbit and not struggle with it as much as we have.