Friday, August 8, 2008

Our new School year starts soon

So my kids are officially getting older. Kurt's now in Jr. High, he starts on Thursday and has officially run me into the poor house for school. $73 for him to go to Jr High. He'll have A days and B days. He gets his own locker even. He has PE now and has to get naked at school LOL. I remember when I was starting Jr High, lets just hope his PE teacher isn't gay like mine was. I think half the time anymore they probably have to be to let them be a PE teacherzx. I hope that's really not the case. I felt so big and grown up starting Jr High, as I'm sure he will also. He will have more homework than any other year he's had so far. He's going to love it :) Today we went to the school for Austin's reading assesment for the beginning of the year. He's got a male teacher this year. Mr Turner, I think it will be good for him. I learned that they are doing lunch differently this year. Apparently they've done a study and found that kids eat better and their attention spans last longer doing lunch this new way. They will go to recess before they eat, after recess they will go to lunch and then go back to class. I guess we all know that kids think if they are going to play after lunch they don't eat as well as they would if they knew they were going to go to class instead. I know this will work better for Austin, he may take every minute necessary to eat, if recess is first and lunch is before going back to his class. I informed his teacher of his boarder line ADD, and the fact that he has to be able to be mobile to listen and to be able to function. I let Mr Turner know that his past teachers would put him in the back so that he wasn't a distraction to the other kids, I let him know that he's a great reader and loves to write. Mr Turner seems to be very excited to have Austin in his class. He says he's heard about Austin from his other teachers. I hope Austin does well this year, as he usually does. While I was at the school I turned in EmberLee's Preschool papers. She will test on the 18th at 2 pm, we'll find out if she's able to go to preschool at the end of that week. I hope she's not too smart, she needs the social aspect of preschool. And I need some quiet time during the day. I'm hoping to get her in the afternoon, if so she'll go at 12:30 and she'll be done at 3:30, hopefully she can come home with Austin. If she's in the morning she'll go at 9:15 and be done by noon. Either way will be good for her. We'll definitely keep you up dated on what happens with my sanity :) Bridger is stuck home with me for a few years. He's so good though, he'll be such a good help with the new baby. He'll be turning 2 at the end of September. He's getting so big. He's trying to talk more and more. He definitely knows how to yell at his siblings. I have taught him a new word, "ham bone" that's what I call him when he's being silly. It's the cutest thing to hear him try to be so big.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, your family is just growing right before our eyes!!! It is hard to believe that Kurt is in Jr. High. He is going to get a dose of reality now, tho, and is going to have to clean up his act. It will be good for him.

Why did it cost $75.00 to go to school??? I heard from someone else the other day that it was expensive to send your kids to school too. I remember when I was in school (the dark ages) everything was at the school. We got our pencils, paper, books and everything. We never paid for any of that stuff. Taxes did!!!!! the only thing my parents ever paid for was the extra stuff like binders. Times sure are a'changin'.

It is good that Ember is going to school. At least we hope she is. I also think it will be good for her to come home with her brother, cause it will make her feel like a big girl!!!! Look at me, I am walking with my big brother!!!! Austin will watch out for her I think. I know he doesn't do a good job of that at home, but I think out in the world, he will! Ember is really smart, but I am hoping that the "powers that be" will see that she needs some social interaction with other kids.

Ty Lyman said...

Grandma,
That $75 is the fees for his classes, that wasn't his school clothes or his pens, pencils or paper. My dad said that he paid about $50 for me and Jared for Jr High each. It's gone up since I was a kid.