Sunday, August 17, 2008

A slow weekend

Thursday we went in for my 35 week appointment with Kathryn my awesome midwife. I thought for sure we were making some progress that shouldn't be made yet. I wasn't thank goodness, but I have a very irritable uterus (DUHH!!). I'm measuring a bit small, and I've lost weight. My Lovely Mother-in-Law ratted me out and told on me about my Cheese cake eating, and my sweet tooth. I figured I needed to gain weight, and what's wrong with making a chocolate cheese cake and eating 80% of it by yourself? Jake and I can always make another one for her another time :) She can eat the whole thing too, like me :) Apparently it's my weight loss program. We did another preterm test and it came back as a Negative (that's a great thing). I was informed that the "bed rest" I was doing, wasn't the bed rest I was suppose to be doing. So the anxiousness that I was having to be off "bed rest" at 35 weeks was bogus. I'm now aloud to do what I've been doing this whole time. I was told that if I went into labor and was to have the baby now, I wouldn't be stopped, but the chances of us coming home with a baby were slim, until the baby's gestational age of 37 weeks. So....now, I'm still on bed rest if I want to keep this baby in for 2 more weeks so that we can come home with a baby when I go home.
Friday I went in to see Dr Saunders about a permanent breakage of my innards after we're done. Signed the "papers" and made things official so when we do have this baby I get broken and if we end up with another baby it will be purely a miracle, or on purpose through adoption :) LOL.
Kurt had his first day of school Friday, it went OK, he forgot his papers with his classes on them, and couldn't get into his locker open. At the end of the day he figured out that he was using his combination on the wrong locker, his was one over. I hope he makes it in life LOL.
On Friday afternoon we found out that our neighbors, Keith and Lacey had to be out of their apartment sooner than they had planned. Watching poor Lacey frazzled made me put my brain into active mode and I had finally decided to call up some awesome friends, to borrow their kids. I'm taking it easy, so I decided to help out how I knew I could. I had the kids do the physical part that I couldn't and I could do what I could by pointing and giving direction. I've never seen such great little workers in all my life. They made my kids look like little slackers (my kids are slackers, they just proved it). I was in the kitchen and had the 2 girls taking cupboard by cupboard upstairs to the new apartment. They didn't complain once, I was so impressed. EmberLee even found herself something to do. She got a ride on the Roberts Dolly from their house to ours.
Saturday morning I woke up at 7am from a long and exhausting, unrestful night. Got in the tub to take off the pressure from my throbbing, pounding hips and lower back. Sat in there for a good hour I think. We didn't do much else Saturday, but make a trip to wal-mart to spend money we didn't have on school clothes for Austin and EmberLee, and we didn't even get shoes or toilet paper :) (oops).
We had some friends come over to play with us on the Wii. It was fun to watch Jake, Ken, and Nancy play Guitar Hero, and Ken and Jake play boxing LOL, that was a riot.
They ended up heading home at about 11pm or so. after we ate, their food, our food and then Lacey sent them with left overs from her reception that she helped cater with her mom. It was nice to have someone come over and entertain, and have adult conversation for once. I miss going out for date nights, or hanging out with other couples we know. It makes me sain sometimes.
Today, we were at home instead of going to church. Doing as I'm suppose to do, kicking back taking it easy (my version of "bed rest"). We got a knock on the door. It was 2 of our YM, bringing me the Sacrament. I was completely caught off guard. Of course we invited them in. After they had left I cried. It brought back memories of the one other time that I've ever seen it brought to someone. My mom was in the hospital learning that she was dieing of Liver Cancer. I couldn't take it then, but how devoted my mom's ward was to her when she was experiencing a rough spot in her life. They brought her the Sacrament to her bed in the hospital. I was so grateful today that I was able to partake of it in my home. I haven't been to church to take the sacrament for at least 8 weeks or so. I'm sure a lot of you are wondering why I haven't asked for it sooner. I guess I feel that to be able to partake of it you should be in the atmosphere of where the event is, and that is in the chapel on Sunday. I feel that I could be there but choose not to because of my situation. So I don't ask. Besides I hate asking for help from others anyway. I was also grateful because it has been so long. I was grateful because I had the chance to start over and repent and take advantage of the atonement, today, in my home, not in the chapel. I'm so grateful for the gospel, and for the chance it gives me to return to my Heavenly Father with my family. I'm grateful for Jake and for the help he gives me when I need it most. He hasn't been to church a lot either. He's afraid that something might happen when he's gone I guess, or he's afraid that I might do something I'm not suppose to when he is gone, I haven't decided which one. I was definitely blessed today with the spirit.
Tonight we went to my little nieces 1st birthday party. It was fun to see someone else throw the party for their child, and I didn't have to clean up and make the treats, and worry about my house being clean or dirty. It was great to go and watch this cute little baby grow just a little today. Christy and Roger have taught her how to blow kisses(So cute). While she had "Happy Birthday" sung to her she was blowing the whole time. But she wouldn't blow out the candle when it was time, she just wanted to touch the flame, LOL. It was so cute watching Christy fuss over her with her 1st Birthday cake. It was fun to watch Christy open her presents with her(she made a hawling) I'm so glad that she loved the new baby doll EmberLee picked out. It was fun to sit back and watch. Happy Birthday Katie, we love you.
Tomorrow is Austin's First day of school, and EmberLee's preschool test. We will keep you up dated.

No comments: