Thursday, September 18, 2008

Theron's 2 week check up

Our awesome Dr Later wasn't able to help us today, because his mother was having a stroke. He did come in and explained what was going on with his family and asked if it was ok if SueAnn could do the circumcision. I understood completely and invited him to be with his family. After he had told me he completely trusted her to do it. I was fine with the situation.

Before our little man got his circumcision, we did his 2 week check up. He now weighes 7lb 5oz. He weighes what EmberLee and Bridger did when they were born. He's on the 16% on his weight. He's now 21 in. long, so he's now 83% on his length. He fits in as a Lyman for sure :) tall and skinny. We found out that he possibly has a hemangioma on his back (click on the word and it takes you to a link that explains what this is). We'll find out for sure if this is what he has at his 2 mo. check up.

We then got him set up and ready for his circumcision, Sugar water in the blue cup made him some what calm. This little board held him down :) not like he was going anywhere. It looks kind of like a torture device huh? Theron did pretty good. He did bleed more than Bridger did, and he was trying to stay awake through it, when Bridger slept through the whole procedure. There was lidocaine that helped numb him up. Like I said he wasn't really tortured. After he was "chopped" we did his PKU. He cried more through that then anything else. Then I got him dressed and in his car seat. It wasn't too bad. So we'll do a check up for the circ in 10 days, then we'll do his 2 month check up in November, and find out more about this hemangioma. He'll also get shots. I'm so glad this is the last baby. I'm kind of warn out.

2 comments:

Wilson Clan said...

Poor little guy. That can't be fun for either of you. I'm glad he's gaining heigth and weight. He can only get cuter!!

Someone else said...

It really does look like a tourture device. If I had a boy and he got one I don't think I could be in the same room. I am so glad that they at least numb them up as much as they can now. I have seen hemangiomas on the head. At least its on his back. He is so sweet. Thanks for letting me oogle him Tuesday night.