Thursday, September 4, 2008

OUR 6th Anniversary

We've made it to #6. I'm pregnant as ever, and very tired. But we have managed to get out of the house on Jake's day off. This morning we were able to get Jake's mom to come and watch the kids.
We went to see The Dark Night with our free movie tickets. We then took our last $20 and ate at Red Robin for lunch, we made our stop off at Wally World to get some milk and what not. Soon as Jake sat on the ground at home he got called in for an Emergency Heart. I'm so glad that we got to spend some time together this morning without kids, and without interruptions.
We got to reminisce about the day we got married and how nervous we were about the first night together. We got to look forward 6 years and see what we've grown through, and how that "we" are on our 3rd baby. We're not where we want to be, but we are definitely together. We didn't get to buy each other anything, but to be able to spend adult time together was all I would want anyways.
I just wanted to take a second and recognize a few of the things that Jake does for me.
He has/is:
-Loved me unconditionally even though I can be very ornery and cranky sometimes.
-worked a full time job our whole marriage
-takes the time to listen to my belly aching and complaining and even throws in his two tid bits (sometimes they're not always wanted, but accepted.)
-taken on being a daddy from the get go to children that aren't his
-put a roof over me and my kids heads
-doesn't ever complain about supplying for me or our children
-keeps food on our table
-honors his priesthood
-a good example (a lot of the time he's putting me in check on how I should behave)
-always making me laugh
-always picking up my slack without complaining
-An awesome dad
-An awesome cook(Thank goodness for that)
-a beautiful singing voice (when he has a voice at all)
-always the same person in every situation, he doesn't change for anyone, or any situation
-very outgoing
-very willing to try new things
-pretends to like what I like (my scrapbook pages gives it all way that he's pretending)
-is loved by everyone around him (I constantly hear what a great and wonderful person he is from people he works with. All the Dr. that I've ever ran into that know him tell me how great he is.)
These are just a few things that I love about him. He works so hard for me and the kids, I know I don't show it like I should sometimes. But He is my everything and I don't know what I'd ever do without him.

No comments: