Monday, September 29, 2008
Theron's Hemangioma update
His circumcision looks fabulous. He's gained over 1 pound in 9 days, and he looks great. Apparently I am a MOO COW and can supply milk for him, and probably the entire county if needed be :) We also found out that Theron does have a Hemangioma, we will keep an eye on it, we'll be possibly doing further testing after checking him at his 2 month check up. For those that are thinking, "why aren't we doing something now about it, or why don't we get a 2nd opinion or worry more about this than we are." 1st of all, click on the word Hemangioma above to read more about it. You'll educate yourself as I did. Rest assure, we are very confident in our Dr as well. He's caught many illnesses or conditions with all of the kids I trust him fully. When Kurt was 1 week old Dr Later admitted him to the hospital, he was in for a few days of testing to find out that he had Central Apnea. He was on a Heart Monitor till he was nearly 6 months old. He also had ear infection after ear infection and had his tubes placed at 15 months old. When Austin was 8 months old, he was hospitalized with Rotavirus for about 5 or 6 days, right before Christmas. EmberLee had jaundice, and strep a few times, nothing really major but not that we need it with all of the kids. Bridger also had Central Apnea, through the testing that we did with him outpatient we learned that he also has a small Heart Murmur that he should grow out of by the time he's in Kindergarten. He also had Rotavirus in February, and was in the hospital for about 5 days. If any of you remember, this was the start of a few months of difficulty for our family. We nearly lost Jake's dad this last spring too. So when we're talking about an illness or condition with any of my children I'm %110 confident in Dr Later. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my children. He's extremely knowledgeable. I'm so grateful for such an awesome Dr. Someone that shares the same belief as we do means so much more as well. Of course if we do see a massive change, or we notice that Theron isn't doing the things he should, I am going to be rushing him in before the 2 month check up in November. We'll keep you all posted. But for now this where we stand after today's follow-up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry for being so dramatic. Something like that just scares me to death. I know Dr. Later is awesome. I am happy that I was able to go with you on different appointment for the kids so that I was able to get to know him a little. One of the things I really appreciate about him, other than his ability as a doctor, is that he has always been so willing to answer and be understanding about "Grandma questions".
Dr. Later is certainly a wonderful Dr. and I didn't mean to give you the impression that I did not have confidence in him or your ability to take proper care of Theron. Like I have told you before......don't ruin my entitlement to worry!!!!
It's great that you found a Doctor you can trust. It took me 5 Doctors before I found the one the kids have now. Hemangiomas can be nothing to worry about or they can grow so large that surgery is required. You won't know for a while. I have seen it go both ways. You just have to trust your mother's instinct and everything will be fine. You are doing a great job. Keep it up. :)
Post a Comment