Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy 2 Year Old

So 2 years ago we had this cute little man. It was a tough pregnancy, with my depresion, and the postpartum. But I wouldn't trade him for the world now. This was a picture of our little man. He was so cute. I miss him when he was so tiny. This picture does look a lot like Theron.
Last year this is what he looked like at 1 year old. He was getting such a cute little personality. He looked more like his daddy everyday. He didn't like to be with stranger's, and he was a huge daddy's boy too.
Last night we had Bridger's 2nd Birthday party with his grandparents and our friends the Wilson's. He got all the clothes that he was in-dire need of. I can't believe he's already 2. Blows me away.
Over the last few months he's been warming up to his Papa Steve. Bridger calls him Pa. I love watching the kids come up with their own nicknames for their Grandparents. Papa Steve was Kurt's Nickname that stuck. Austin's funny name I would have to say would be Grandma Virjunia (Vir-june-ya). Cracks me up. Ember has cut that down to Grandma Gina. Bridger's is Pa for his grandpa's. He was sad when he heard his pa's truck start up as they left. He stood up at the top of the stairs and said, "bye, truck". He played with his Pa(my dad)while they were here. It's fun to watch Bridger show off for people when we have company. I'm just glad that he doesn't cry anymore when my dad comes.
On Saturday we let him open some of our gifts to him. We got him a Thomas the Train scooter. He loves it. It's still kind of big, but he'll grow into it.
Now EmberLee will have someone to ride scooters with.
On Sunday we let him open the rest of his gifts from us, with everyone elses. He got got some bath tub toys from the Wilson's that he opened Saturday evening, just in time for his bath. Sunday he got more tub toys and color tablets from his siblings.
He got lots of clothes from Grandma and Grandpa Lyman, now he won't freeze for the winter.
Grandma Gina and Pa, got him some clothes too. I'm so glad that he'll have enough for at least 2 weeks worth. He was really needing clothes. He was getting kind of bored with the clothes, but he REALLY needed them!!
His Aunt Christy and Uncle Roger got an outfit for him and the best present of all. Tools!! He loved this present the best. They couldn't make it because Katie was sick and they didn't want to get Theron sick. We hope that she feels better. We missed them being there.
Jake and I had gotten clothes for him a while back, knowing that he would need clothes at this time of year. So we pulled them out and he got 3 jammies that would be warm for the winter and that would fit, and 2 out fits that his daddy found on sale last year :) He got definately what he needed....CLOTHES !!
Dad made him his own birthday cake. He even blew out the candles by himself this year.

And ate it too....It was fun to have our parents there to help celebrate Bridger's 2 years with us.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIDGER, WE LOVE YOU

4 comments:

Wilson Clan said...

Cute pics. Can't believe how fast time flies. He's already 2!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that he likes me now. Everytime he gives me a hug and makes that sound like he is squezzing really hard, it just blows me away. Feels good!!! He definatley is getting his own personality. I think he is going to hold his own, having older siblings!!!! Such a little nut.

It just seems like yesterday when you were getting your ultra-sound and the look on Jakes face when the lady said it was a boy. I don't think you could ever find a bigger smile!!!!

karijean said...

Wow Time goes so fast! It looks like he had a fun birthday! Thank you for all your kind comments on my blog--I really enjoyed reading them!

Lowe Family said...

I am so sorry we couldn't make it! Thank you for understanding. I can't believe how time flies and how big he is getting. Thanks for inviting us. Next time for sure.