Friday, October 3, 2008

EmberLee's Field Trip

EmberLee went to Hee Haw's today for her 1st fieldtrip. I was able to go with her. I haven't been able to attend a fieldtrip for so long. It was fun and tireing all at the same time. All the Preschool kids on the bus were giggling and laughing as they were sliding all over the place, because there weren't any seat belts. This was EmberLee's first ride on a school bus.
We met Leroy the pig, he was over 1,000 lbs. his snout was as big as Ember's head. There were goats, they had a tree house that had stairs to it. This goat saw the kids and walked from the top, down the stairs, and jumped off to come and visit the kids. The kids kept wanting to pet him, but were told that this goat would nibble their fingers. There was a mommy pig that was feeding her babies. The kids thought it was so funny that this mommy pig had lots of boobs. The kids got to pet "angel" the chicken. She would even give kisses. EmberLee was really scared to go on the hayride. The trailer was being towed with a tractor that was already started when it was time to get on. She didn't want to get on at all. She was nearly in tears when I made her. Her teacher was worried and wanted to know what was wrong. I told her that EmberLee won't even ride on her grandpa's lawn mowing tractor.Once we got going she realized it wasn't that bad. She had fun looking at the enormous Sun Flowers. The kids learned that they plant them to attract the bee's and the bee's are good for the pumpkin's, that's why they have them planted with the pumpkin's. I definately learned something new today. EmberLee asked if the Sunflowers were praying. They were done growing and were all droopy. I thought it was a funny analogy. The kids got on the huge slide. I have to admit I had to do it also. I got some of the other mom's to go down it too. The kids faces were so dang funny. They looked so terrified, then they would get to the bottom and be ok. Then they'd run and do it again. On my way up I found one of the kids stuck between the bails of hay. He was soo stuck, I felt so bad for him. we made the kids try the other slides too. The kids found these silly animals. Ember wanted to be like Leroy the big pig. After the kids played, we did the corn maze. This year they had the maze shaped like a spider web. While we were in the maze it started raining like nuts. The kids started singing "raining, pooring" song. They figured it would help the rain stop. When we got done we put the kids under this awning and told them to wait till it stopped raining. The kids got to pick their own pumpkins from the patch. They learned that they largest pumpkin ever was bigger than Leroy the big pig. It weighed nearly 1500 lbs. They had to hunt for their own pumpkins. They had tons of fun. Before the kids got back on the bus to go home, we took a class picture. On the way home our bus driver had to hit the brakes and Kevin one of the little guys in the afternoon class slid off his seat and went under two bench's. He didn't get hurt, and the kids thought it was pretty funny. He was laughing pretty hard too. We had a way fun day at Hee Haw's

1 comment:

Someone else said...

That has got to be one of the best field trips I've heard of. It makes me want to take the kids there. Glad you were able to enjoy that day with EmberLee.