So I thought that I should take a few minutes and update you on my daughters crazy hair.

I have to start from the
beginning of course. EmberLee started very young. She cut it for the 1st time when she was 2. July of 2006, a few months before Bridger was born. She had done a pretty great job (for a 2 year old). After I had realized that she had taken off most of her hair on the left side of her head, and I had attempted to fix it myself. I decided to take her in and let the professional have at it.

This first attempt was worth a million tears, literally. It's actually a great story within itself. But this was the
beginning to hopefully one day an end.
I ended up taking her in to our new (hair fixer) barber Tami. I had to take my camera with us of course. This was scrapbook material!

It was fun watching Tami have at it with her hair and making her look cute once again.


After this, I was making her grow her bangs out. It took a while. When Bridger was about 6 months old,
EmberLee chopped off her bangs. I was able to cut her some more bangs, pretty short but they didn't look to horrible. They eventually grew out.

As it grew once again, she decided to have at it. I think that she has a climbing to find scissors addiction. So she had a few chops here and there that we left alone. I hoped that they would just blend into her hair. They did for the most part.
When we found out that we were pregnant with Theron
EmberLee had another
doozy.
in fact Jake's dad was still in the hospital from his heart surgery and Ember decided that it would be really fun to go outside and get a sweet haircut from our little neighbor girl that lived behind us. She wasn't the nicest to
EmberLee.

In fact this little girl was moving out the day this happened (thank goodness). So it didn't even do any good to make
EmberLee cut her hair. She was looking good again. She was looking like a little girl.

I know that
EmberLee got help for a few reasons.

1st Ember told me that Maddy helped her, and 2
nd, after the picture from the behind there isn't a doubt in my mind that she had help.
EmberLee couldn't get the straight cuts that were present. After I had got done working


I had called my good friend Nancy because as you can see, she had it up to her scalp in some area's. I'm not quite sure how she missed her ears. Jake wanted me to take her back to Tami and have her fix it.

I was so mad, I decided as a punishment I would shave her head, then she might learn. When Nancy had come over and looked at her hair she thought the same thing, but there was no way of fixing this unless I did shave it. So I did. I gave her the same haircut that I give Jake and the boys. Jake was
truly mad at me, he wouldn't talk to me for the rest of the night. I just made his little girl look like a little boy. The worst part of this is.....She loved it.

This didn't end up as a punishment at all. My dad had said that maybe next time I should throw on the shaving cream and finish the job.
It's grown out a bit and she has already chopped it right in the front of her hair. I've chosen to leave it alone, because I figure if she looks silly enough, she might once and for all leave it the heck alone. I'm not holding my breath though.
Grandma took her for an overnight weekend, and took her over to Aunt Cathy's to have her trim it up a bit. So now it's not so shaggy. We're hoping to grow it out so that we can actually do something with it, hopefully she can start to look like a little girl instead of a boy.

For those of you that are wondering why we don't put up the scissors....We do, she will climb anywhere to find them, or borrow them from our neighbor, or search for them in places she shouldn't be. Like my fabric boxes. She's a scissor searching thing. I can't wait until she has long hair once again so I can do cute things to it again. She's my only girl I hate having it short like my boys.
4 comments:
You have a beautician on your hands. She's just practicing. If you can cut your own, you can cut anyone's. LOL She looks so cute now though. She goes from one extreme to another. LOL Better hide the scissors...again.
Okay, so now I don't feel so bad :) I did post picts of Rebekah's job...I almost did have them just shave it off. I think I was in shock! Oh well, we can't be without scissors all of the time, can we?
I remember those pictures!! THat is one crazy girl. I am begining to think she likes short hair :)
oh my gosh!!! lol thats hilarious ty. that picture of the back of her head before you shaved it is hilarious!! LOL oh man- i cant stop laughing. what a funny little girl. i remember the first sunday after you shaved her head i was like wow- bridger is getting SOO big SOO fast! then i realized it was emberlee. oh funny. and i think its funny that she liked it shaved so it wasnt even a punishment after all! she's great.
Post a Comment