The things that we miss day in and day out. I have pictures for some and not others. But hopefully I'll be able to clue everyone in on where we've been this last week or two.
Last Wednesday I kept EmberLee home from school, her voice was going horse and it sounded as if she was going to loose it at any moment. She didn't look like she felt well at all. Thursday I learned later in the afternoon what was wrong with her. She said that she ate something that burned her throat, I had her open her mouth and lo and behold, the back of her throat was nasty!! I called the doctor's office got her right in and Jake took her. She ended up having Strep. We got her on an antibiotic. The next day I got the prescriptions for Austin and Bridger also. So we've had a house full of sick-o's in our house.
Friday, Jake got home I had gotten this day off and I had planned a surprise birthday dinner at Tucanos for Jake with people that he works with. Jake parents came too. When we got ready and went Jake had told me in the car that he was told about the surprise at work a while ago. I wasn't to happy, but decided to just go with it. We dropped the boys off to Eddie's for the weekend visit with him and headed down to Tucano's. When we got there, the lobby was cram packed. Jake's parents were waiting, no one else had showed up. So we cut our party down from 25 to 15, then from 15 to 8. One of Jake's friends that he works with in the OR did show up before we were seated. He ended up being the only one. I was very disappointed with the turn out. But Jake still had fun. He even danced when they sang him happy birthday in Portuguese. It was pretty funny.

After we had got home, EmberLee showed me something new that she could do. She's so talented :)
Saturday we didn't do much but laze around with sick kids. Sunday Jake went to church while I stayed home with sick kids. Your probably thinking that EmberLee and Bridger were well enough to go to Church being on antibiotics and all, but we didn't actually get them going on it until Saturday afternoon, because of some confusions with the pharmacy. So they weren't good to go to church :) I missed an awesome week though. I hate missing church, because that's what helps me drive for the week, and I didn't get it. So I'm having a rough week I guess you could say.
Monday was Jake's birthday. The poor guy didn't get much because of the hype I did for him to Park City for an overnight the week before. His dinner that I did for him was done on Friday night instead. I feel awful now that I didn't save something for him for his big day. Oh well he's 30 now :)
Tuesday, we did breakfast with Heidi and Jared from their birthday's, and Keith and Lacey for Keith's birthday, and Jake's birthday. I guess it was more like a friend breakfast to celebrate birthday's all in a matter of a week, in the time that we were there, Kurtis got suspended from school for getting into a fight. I hate it when Eddie enters into the picture again. Kurt struggles so much trying to figure out what and who he is. After the beginning of the year things will be changing for him. I've prayed for something to change for Kurt and Austin's sake. It's so hard as a parent to sit back and watch my boys deal with all this crap in there lives. I hate that the only thing I can do is pray for them, and pick up the pieces. I can't wait till their situation is much better. Later that night we did our FHE with the Cases. We let them be in charge. We've been doing our FHE on Tuesday nights because I work on Monday nights. We haven't missed in so long. It's so much easier when we mix families, because I find that my kids listen better when someone else is teaching. I also find that if we have games during our FHE it's so much funner when we have more people to play. This has been so fun doing. This is something we are really sticking with. I love it when the kids get angry if we think about doing FHE another night. That shows to me that the love it finally. They don't fight us anymore to do it. That's why we didn't do it in the past, I hated fighting with the kids to listen and be respectful during the lesson. They're doing better each time. Anyways, as I was saying The Cases had FHE that night, Jared did a fact quiz on Thanksgiving, then we played charades. It's fun watching these small children get so excited to be together. Like I said I love doing FHE, we've been doing awesome we started in June or July and are still going strong.
Wednesday, was the kids first day off from school for Thanksgiving break.

I spent the day cleaning and doing laundry and the Wilson's and Us got to clean carpets unexpectedly.

Adam and Bridger had gotten into the acrylic paint that I borrowed from my Mother-in-law. They dumped it all over the arm of my ottoman chair,

and the carpet in the door way. They also had managed to get it on Theron's blanket. I was so angry.

This blanket was handmade from my Grandma. She generally only makes each grand kid one quilt while they're babies. This was his that now has a nasty green blob on it.

We srubbed the chair like crazy!! I sent Keith with some money to go and get a carpet cleaner so that we could get this mess cleaned before the paint dried. It cleaned up pretty nicely off the carpet and the chair. The blanket was no good though. Those 2 little boys are completely mischief together. You know if they're together and it's quiet, or if they're laughing you can pretty much guarantee they will be into something completely messy. That is no exaggeration. I was suppose to get a shower and go to the bank before I had to work at 4pm. I didn't get any of it done because of the nice mess we were cleaning up. I was so frazzled by the time it was time to work. I had forgotten everything I was suppose to do.
Thursday was Thanksgiving, we woke up early, Jake cleaned the carpets so we could get the cleaner returned on time. Then we headed over the Cases for breakfast. Jared makes a mean biscuits and gravy, so we took them up on the offer for Thanksgiving. We really couldn't go anywhere because I had to work. Jake's parents had plans to be with his sister and they're family and we had already been to my dads. So we decided to do this for a change. After breakfast Jake, Jared, Austin, Kurtis and Raymond(Jared and Heidi's son) went and played football at the school with some of the guys in the ward. We spent the day there watching a movie, looking up the adds so we could decide what stores we were going to take advantage of early the next morning. We also cooked and ate all day. Then I came home and worked as planned. I got off at 7:30 and hung out until Heidi and I left to go to Park City for the factory outlet sales. They started at midnight. We actually left at about 10:30. We got there just in time to be in the line of cars there. I won't tell you what I found but I can say I spent under $100 and walked out with a lot of Christmas for my kids. We left Park City at at about 3:00am, headed back home and got to Kohl's after 4:00am. I again got a lot of things for great deals. We were standing in the line, like we were at Disney Land or something We ended up calling Jared to go to Wal-mart for the deals there. He went and by the time we got there Jared already had a cart with all the main reasons why we went there. Like I said before I can't tell you what or I'd be ruining a lot of surprises. For anyone that knows me at all knows that I'm not a fan of surprises for me. I hate them in fact, but I do like surprising others. After Wal-mart Heidi and I went to Target while Jared went to Shop-Ko. Then we went to K-mart and by that time it was about 9:00am. I was so tired I had to go home. Jake had taken the seats out of the back of the van to make room for things that we might buy for Christmas. I hate shopping, but it's so worth doing this just for the money that I had saved and the things that my kids will be receiving that we normally couldn't afford. I think it is a good deal to do this, but I also know that buying things that weren't on my list or that I know we don't need makes this even a better deal. I'm learning as I get older that it's only a good deal if you need these things. I'm also learning that saving money is so important especially in this stupid economy that hardly anyone can stay afloat. I ended up coming home and sleeping most of the day, I had to work at4:00pm. I got off work early and went to bed.
Saturday I lazed around until I went to do pictures with the Roberts and also the Nichols family. These pics are on my other blog that you can click on at the top. It was a really good success. I really need to get a better camera. I love word of mouth, that's the only advertising I've ever done. Each year I've grown a little more business than the last year.
Sunday, I was able to go to church and listen to Jared and Heidi talk in Sacrament, on the Supernal gift of prayer. Very eye opening for me. I am truly working on not making prayer a check mark on my list for the day. It was a good day. Monday I worked nothing really huge.
Today I had a dentist appointment I got a bridge that was broken replaced, kind of. I am wearing a temporary right now. But while I was there I got Nitrous Oxide, and lots of shots to numb my mouth. I in my not so awake state decided that I would be funny and take a picture of me in the chair. I have my ear phones for the music to drowned out the noise of the drills and things. I have my sunglasses to keep from getting stuff in my eyes, and to block the bright light shined in my face, and my gas mask.....

I look like I'm getting ready to fly a jet or something huh? Kind of funny. I'll be going back in on the 16th to get my permanent bridge in place. In January I'll be going in and having my top bridges replaced because of the decay that going on under them. The dentist that did it before did a crappy job. I'm going to also be getting some veneer's up on my upper two teeth to make my mouth look normal once the bridges are replaced. I'll have a normal smile for once. I just have to say that I'm so grateful for insurance and for a dentist that knows that my appearance matters to me. My smile makes my confidence high or low. I have a mouth full of problems.
So now I'm caught up on my blog. I'll do better now :)
No comments:
Post a Comment