Saturday, December 27, 2008

Snow injuries

I finally got my broken bridge replaced. While I was numb and on gas my awesome Dentist agreed to let me take a picture of my nasty drilled down teeth before he put my brand new bridge in place. I thought it was crazy looking. I'm a sick individual I know :) When Kurt and Austin were at Eddie's for his weekend, they were dropped off at the High School to sled/snowboard. Apparently if you tie up a snowboard to a sled you can get whiplash and a broken thumb. I'm not sure why my boys think they are 10 feet tall and bullet proof when they're with Eddie or staying at his home. The more I think about it, they think this way all the time. I have some crazy boys. Kurtis called me about 30 minutes before they were needing to come home and Kurt told me that he thought he broke his thumb and that he wanted to come home. Monday morning I took Kurtis in to the Dr around 10am. This was also the first day of our crazy snow fall. We got like 8 inches in one snow fall. It was crazy. After Dr Later told Kurtis that he had found the perfect recipe for disaster he had us go get X-rays so that he knew what we needed to do to fix his thumb. I had to take some snap shots of the kids waiting, and Kurtis waiting. Can you tell which thumb he broke? When we got back into the office, the kids got board of waiting and Kurtis found the exam gloves and decided to make utters. He ended up with a splint until the swelling goes down. I'll take him back in on Monday to cast it. He broke it on the growth plate. He doesn't need it set, luckily but because of were it is he will need a cast. He's having a hard time leaving the splint on. I find it funny that the kids get into the Ace Wraps and pretend that they're hurt when they're not. But when they are hurt they won't leave the stuff on. I told Kurt if he didn't leave it on he would be regretting it later. He's also snuck off and done what the Dr has told him not to do, like sledding/snowboarding, rode anything with wheels. I sure hope that he doesn't make this worse by Monday. Why do children have parents anyways? They don't listen to a think we have to say. Even if it's for they're own good. This is what happened right before Christmas

No comments: