Saturday, December 27, 2008
Poor Thing
The Friday before Christmas EmberLee was sick. We didn't really know it either. I was running around with my head cut off. taking small kids to the school for the Parent program, stopping at the bank to get money to spend over the weekend for last minute christmas (all of our christmas shopping)preparation. I picked EmberLee up from school and had a few errands to run. So I figured that I would take her to Wendy's for dollar menu, and be able to hurry before I had to work at 4. When I picked her up from school she said that her belly hurt.I'm guessing it was because she had to be to school at 7:45am and we woke up late and she didn't eat breakfast. So I told her that she was probably really hungry and that we would grab something to eat. She was fine with this and off we went. I had pulled up at the drive thru window and started to order our Brunch. This was the last day of school for the kids and they would be out until the new year. She had the parent sing-a-long for the Christmas songs that we did earlier that morning (I'll post later a video with these cute songs, when I find a minute without interuptions to get them downloaded :) ) So as I started to order our food, I heard a splatter in the back seat of my van and EmberLee start to cry.
I looked back in time to smell the lovely nasty aroma of vomit. She puked all over both seats, the floor and the back of the seat in front of her. She unbuckled her seat belt stood up and was still throwing up. I gave her a garbage bag to throw up in, so it started to leak from her chin all over the front of the seat that Theron and Bridger were sitting in. I'm not usually one to chain react when I smell this unless I'm pregnant, Which I'm not....But goodness I almost barfed with her this time. I was hot boxed in the car with the window rolled down and I could almost see the green cloud of stench leaving my car as it floated by my nose on the way out. Poor EmberLee. I felt so bad for her. I hurried home with the yummy smell of Wendy's and up-chuck floating around in the car. I called my neighbor to see if he could pick up a carpet cleaner from Albertson's for me.
He was awesome and obliged. Jake got home in time to take the seats out of the van and clean up after the tasty left overs from EmberLee. I figured out that I couldn't lift the seats out of the van to clean them. EmberLee being sick in the house I needed to be with her. So I let Jake help me out, I wasn't about to say no either. She carried a bowl around for the rest of the night and was really pale, but by the next morning she was herself. I hate it when kids are sick.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YUCK!! I am soooooo glad I haven't had to deal with that yet.
Post a Comment