Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Regurgitated food

Why do small kids learn to be like birds? You know momma birds, minus the baby bird of course. 2 of my kids like to regurgitate their food (would it really be called that though? It never goes to her stomach). EmberLee did this, a little differently than Bridger though. She used to spit chewed up food out on me or Jake's plate. It was usually only if she didn't like it.....A friend of mine said that her daughter did it too, but with meat. She said that her daughter would chew the flavor out of the meat, after the taste of the meat was gone her daughter would spit it out on the plate and then her husband would pick up the partly digested chewed meat off the plate and eat it.....(ugggh, I'm going to barf just thinking about it). Chewed up nasty food spit back out from a kids mouth, back onto the plate it came from is so nasty. Over the years I guess I've come to live with it. It is one of the nastiest things my children do, ....other than not flushing the toilet after dropping their kids off at the pool......Kurtis has learned how to use my camera and has taken pictures of his dieting habit's.....you know the constipation, or the diarrhea....I love pictures, don't get me wrong, but from my lovely, artistic, talented son, these aren't pictures worth taking.....ok, sorry for the tangent, back to real subject. Bridger's thing the last few months, maybe longer than that. Has been when he gets to much in his mouth of whatever....hot dog, cheese, popcorn, chips, gummy bears, chocolate of any kind, Yellow death(mac-n-cheese), noodles, you know.....whatever. He spits it out wherever he may be. For example, Bridger likes to sit in Theron's swing (He's not even 30lbs), all of my kids are on the skinny light weight side. Anyways, he'll have a cheese stick in hand while he's watching his movie, lately it's been either Curious George(that's another blog), Open Season, Meet the Robinson's, Stuart Little, Over the Hedge.....He'll lean forward after his enormous bite.....Bridger has a huge mouth, when most babies learn to pinch Cheerios and other finger foods at a tiny age, Bridger grabbed with his whole hand and would put his whole hand in his mouth.....trying to teach him how to take smaller bites has been a struggle. This is probably why he has this yummy habit. Walking around my house, has been fun sometimes, I've been walking down the hall and stepped on his (chewed chocolate) regurgitated mess. When this happened I thought it was poop. In fact I pulled a "Baby's Mamma" if you've ever seen this movie, you'd know what I'm talking about. I recommend you watch just this part, but for those that haven't seen it, I'll give you somewhat of a demonstration.....I reached down on the bottom of my foot after I pulled my toes apart I tried to smell what I stepped in, but couldn't because at the time I was stuffed up with a cold, so I took my finger and swiped through the dark, slimy, guey mess on the bottom of my foot and toes and put my finger in my mouth. It wasn't poop, it was chocolate. LOL yes I did this. I think that's why in that movie it's so funny, because mom's do stupid things like this...What if it would have been poop??? It wasn't... LOL. I have thought for the longest time....why do my kids do this? How do you teach them not to? I guess I could make him eat what he's spit out. We've made him pick up what he's spit out and take it to the garbage. He still spits it out, and walks away. Can I just say that I truly hope that Bridger grows out of this, and that Theron doesn't do this too. I hope you learn something from this. Even if it's about my disgusting children.

2 comments:

r said...

HAHAHAHAHA!! I loved 'Baby Mama', especially that part! That is so funny!

Hazel does the chew-up-and-spit-out thing too. Usually just onto the dinner table or our hands (yum). I'm hoping she'll grow out of it...

Someone else said...

EEEEWWWWW!!! I can't believe you stuck that brown mess in your mouth. I feel for you. That has got to be one of the worst habbits a kid could have.