Monday, March 2, 2009

No More "BLUE BINKIE"

A few post's back I talked about a horrible thing I did with Bridger's Binkie. I cut the end off right in front of him for discipline. I decided a few days later that I'd really crack down and take it away, not for discipline, but for the mere factor that he's too big for one. I've accomplished something very huge. Bridger no longer naps, sleeps during the night, or walks around with one. I did this on my very own. Tonight I found the lost ones.....The ones that forced me into my intense addiction to overcome. In fact at some points I think it was much easier to just plug him up. His cry was way more annoying to me than the binkie was. I've had to cuddle him to sleep at night and he's got different crutches now instead of his "blue binkie" (like his blanket, truck and a sippy full of water that he just holds, he doesn't drink it) Today he has only cried and asked for his "blue binkie" once. We have come from so far, he used to ask everytime something went wrong. I've had to learn how to self sooth in the last week. It's been very hard for me, as much so for him. It's been at least a week now without even seeing one out in the open. I took a picture for this blog, and for his scrapbook and now they're gone. He'll never see them again. But at least he won't be one of those 4 year olds walking around with one right? He was 2 years and 5 months old when I was able to overcome my weakness :)

3 comments:

Norm and Frances said...

Congradulations!! Job well done. I'm sure it was harder on him than it was on you!!! I don't think I would worry about the blanket, drink and truck. Soon he will not want those either!!!

r said...

Well crap, Ty. Now I've got to step up and take Hazel's away. I don't know if she or I can handle that...

Congratulations though! I bet it's nice to not have to worry about having one around 'just in case'.

Nancy said...

As of yesterday we no longer have a "blue blinky" either. Although it was by pure accident. Ken was holding Daric and leaned over the toilet to flush what one of my other children forgot to flush, just then the binky fell in and was gone. The binky is now hopefully in the sewer system and not clogging up my pipes.