Wednesday, April 15, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUSTIN

On Sunday with Easter it was also Austin's Birthday. 11 years ago I remember having this baby on Easter Sunday. His labor wasn't too horribly bad. When I saw him I fell in love at first sight. After I had him his dad disappeared (likely), he didn't come back to the hospital until after midnight. Come to find out he went hunting(shocker) While they were gone they hit a cow....they probably dodged to hit it. Anyways...that night I had Austin in my room, and he wouldn't stop crying. So I did what any new mom would do, I threw him across the room.....LOL, J/K. After checking his diaper and trying to feed him, and he still didn't stop crying, so I wrapped up his tiny little body and pulled him close up to my mouth and whispered in his ear, "Your mommies here, I've got you, I'll be here your whole life". He stopped crying immediately. I think that day my little Austin became a momma's boy. He is still that momma's boy. I don't mind at all. I can't believe he's 11. I guess time flies by when you're having fun. We give the kid's an option on their Birthdays, they can either get a nice gift from us, or they can have the money we would spend on a gift and they can have a party. Austin choose to get a gift. So Jake and I took the money we would spend and collected some birthday money from my dad, and took the rest of Austin's Grade money and got him an Electric Scooter. We'll get together when Theron is better and have a birthday cake for both him and Kurtis. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUSTIN I LOVE YOU

2 comments:

Lowe Family said...

I can't believe he is 11 either!! Crazy!!! Happy Birthday Aus!

Teresa said...

Austin really is such a good kid. What you whispered in his ear to calm him down brought tears to my eyes, so beautiful. That is how every mom should feel about their babies. Happy Birthday Austin!