Wednesday, April 22, 2009
SHOPPING WITH BRIDGER
Yesterday we ran some errands that started at the Dentist office. EmberLee had a turn in the chair and did great. She loves the Dentist, in the mean time, I was in the chair learning that I have 2 cavities and dying tooth under a bridge and the seriousness of needing a mouth guard for the night time. Bridger was running rampid all over their office. Slamming the door over and over. Once he was in the chair EmberLee coaxed him into doing what Dr Dodge needed him to do. I could here EmberLee telling Bridger in the other room, "open your mouth big Bridgy so he can see your chompers" It was cute hearing it from the other room. What a little mommy we have in our family. It was stressing me out a little bit to have him all over the place. The girls in the office handled him very well. Trish the office manager even got after him, he didn't listen to her either.....shocker....
When we left I figured we get gas, and go down to wal-mart and get milk, eggs, cereal and the nessesities we've been needing. A trip to wal-mart like that I'm usually 30 minutes at the most. I had Austin home from school sick, EmberLee, Bridger, and Theron.......no adults. When we got down there it was 12:30pm, so I decided that $1 burgers for lunch and water would be enough, it's not like I had the time or energy to run home and then leave again for the rest of my errands. That seemed to go ok. When we started out we went to Shoes, so Austin could get some flip flops with his birthday money from Grandma Dickey. Bridger was running all over, pulling all the shoes down (girls and boys) to try them all on. I would put him in the cart just to have him climb back out. I was ready for that to be over 5 minutes into searching for Flip Flops for Austin. After we had done that we went and picked up diaper wipes, and baby food.....Bridger was everywhere. The tornado actually hit when I was getting milk. Bridger the sweet little boy that he is, was trying to climb into the fridge boxes... you know the ones that hold butter, and yogurt and stuff in between the refrigerated section and the aisles at wal-mart? Austin kept pulling him down from there and putting him back in the cart. When I got to the Cheese I heard a squeel from Bridger as Austin was trying to pull him out of the refridgerated box across the way from the blocks of cheese. I looked back to see Bridger in the sliced lunch meat section. He was rolling around in it like a waterbed or something. I couldn't help but laugh under my breath as I ran and yanked him out of there. Austin asked me, "Mom is he like this all the time in wal-mart?" I pointed to my gray hair and I answered, "of course, how do you think I earned these?" He said, "mom I'm sorry, was I as bad as him?" I had to think for a bit, and then replied,"NO, Austin you I could at least keep in the cart." Honestly I think Bridger is 3x as active as Austin ever thought of being. Then we headed off to the cereal aisle I hear Bridger yell for EmberLee, "Emmerwee, wats dis" as he pushes the front of one of the rows of cereal, just to see it give that dominoe effect. AHHH!!! so I grabbed him and got down on his level I said, "YOU STOP NOW, YOU CAN'T RIDE THE HORSE WHILE MOMMY CHECKS OUT!!" he said in such a cute little Bridger voice, "OK mommy, I'll be gud" I asked him to hold the cart and to be a good boy. He grabbed the cart. So on we went as I was searching for the Lyman eatable cereal I looked back to make sure he was still holding on to the cart, of course he couldn't resist. The little ??? had his arm stretched out and was knocking off each cereal from the shelf. Like in the movies... you know what I'm talking about? I was ready to kill him. Anyone need a 2 year old? His Brown eyes are irresistable...I had Austin swear he'd keep a hold of his hand and not let go for any reason at all. So in my head for the 5 or 6th time already I had taken a deep breath talked myself into just a few more minutes and we THEN, we could go home. So we took off to the Juice in the frozen section of Wal-mart. I grabbed out juice and looked over to Austin bent over laughing so hard....at Bridger on the inside of a freezer door licking the inside of the door. Drool was dripping down from the big puddle on the window of the door. I grabbed him so fast, pulled him out and swatted his butt. I said firmly....YOU ARE HAVING A NAP WHEN WE GET HOME. Somehow we ended up at the register to find out that they're out of bags and my kids are running around like wild animals. We finally got home after 2 hours, it was 2:30 by the time I got home. I was ready to colapse.
The moral of this story is..........DON'T TAKE KIDS TO THE GROCERY STORE ALONE!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh man, Ty! I'm laughing my head off! I'm sorry! What a monster! I do the grocery shopping 98% of the time by myself and, even though it's no picnic, I've never had a tenth of that much trouble with Hazel or Lucy.
Zach says, "Wow, that is phenomenenal, incredible!" We were both in hystarics, although watching you act out the whole scene was so much better than reading it. At least as I read it I was able to reinact your amazing hand motions! :D
I don't know how you do it without going insane. That must have seemed like the longest trip to the grocery store EVER. lol
Wow, I don't know what to say!!!! What a little turkey!!!! I guess you will look back on it someday and think it is funny, but I bet you don't right now!!!!
All I can say is that you need to have your years supply of "chill pills" and Benadryl!!!
School can't come soon enough huh?? Poor teacher!!!!
Oh man, that is so bad! I feel for you, I have some Aubrey stories but none that would top Bridger (yet).
You know I would LOVE IT if you would come take pictures of Brady! Give me a call!
I am so sorry Ty! You have topped all my Aaron stories! I missed you at church today. Hope you are doing well.
Post a Comment