Thursday, June 11, 2009

are you AWAKE!!

I drove the day on day 2 while Allen slept. Every time we stopped to get gas I would have to have them type in the CC# and we made the drive up the crazy mountain through British Columbia, Canada We were told to watch for Moose, Elk and Bears. Yes, this would be the awesome blog with all the video's and pictures of Wildlife :) After we drove the crazy mountain Allen and I switched driving, we had to stop and clean out the car because of all the garbage the kids have created along the way. Allen found a turn off with a dumpster, this is also where I threw all the receipts away from the gas to get compensation with....I was tired. While we were cleaning out the van these birds kept swooping down and taking the chunks of soggy grahm crackers, it was funny. On the road we went.......after ditching the important gas, and food receipts. Then we came upon a Moose, I also took a video, but I accidentally swore in it, I was afraid that it was going to charge our car. I don't want to offend anyone so I'll just list the picture instead :) As we were driving along a lake side I noticed that the sun was pretty high in the sky. As I looked at the time it was 9pm...What was going on. I thought it was cool too that the ice on the lake was melting and you could see the suns reflection along the shore near the cracked ice. The sun seems to do funny things to our bodies. My kids thought it was cool too, so cool they wouldn't got to sleep. Then we saw Buffalo, After they crossed the road the decided to give us a cool show. I didn't get them recorded my battery was too low. After the awesome buffalo, we saw a kit fox, that's what Austin kept calling it anyways. It was so close to the car. In the video you have to stop the music before you push play, but notice how he scarfs the wal-mart cookies. He loves 'em. He was so pretty. His eyes match his fur. After our pretty fox, we saw a baby bear, at least it seemed pretty small to me, it wasn't too far from the road. And an older one. This one even looked at us. On our drive through Yukon, Canada we saw two Grizzly bears, but I was driving to fast to stop, I would have scared them away if I slammed on the breaks to see them. They seemed pretty small and the blended in with the light brown grass and stuff. Then we drove through the night..... I was scared that Allen was going to fall asleep cause I was pretty tired, I was assuming he might be just as tired. Once I finally dosed off, I woke up the sound of weeds hitting the sides of the car and the car felt as if we were 4 wheel driving. Insane!!! I sat up and screamed. After I realized that it was 2am and that we weren't on the road, I looked at Allen and I yelled at him, "Did you fall asleep?" he said "No, I just missed a Caribou!!" I asked if he wanted me to drive. He said "Yeah" he was shaking so bad. I took over and then a few hours later it was his turn again.....There was so much Wildlife right around us it was crazy. We were finally on our 3rd day and so close to being there. Only like 9 hours away.

No comments: