Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Butte

Our friend Ryan lives in Palmer, Alaska. Right in front of his house is the Butte, a mountain with a flat top, the kids love to hike it when we're there. It takes them about 30 minutes to get to the top, and about 15 minutes to get down, because they slide on their belly's they make sure they're absolutely filthy by the time they're at the bottom. Bridger though play's on "the volcano" in Ryan's back yard, it's a pile of dirt that has a dent in the middle. Bridger and EmberLee like to play in it when we're sitting around the fire pit in Ryan's back yard. Take note, these pictures were taken about 10:30 at night. Crazy lighting here. I don't know if I'll ever get used to the crazy sun light in the summer time. But for now It is beautiful here in Alaska. I'm glad that we've decided to act on this opportunity. This will be an experience our kids will never forget.

No comments: