Tuesday, June 9, 2009

May 26th 2009

August 28th 2000 my divorce was final. Kurtis was 4 and Austin was 2. This was also a day I remember pondering what was in my future. I remember hoping and praying that I would be able to find someone that would not only want me but my 2 boys as well. I was going on my 1st year of losing my mother, and coming out of an abusive relationship trying to find myself. I was struggling to figure out what I was suppose to be, who I was, and how I was suppose to become something that someone would ever want. I never thought that 8 years and about nine months later I would be in this position. Feb 27th 2002 I met Jake and knew the second I had laid my eyes on him that we would have a serious future together. Sept 4th 2002, we were married in the Manti, Temple. From that day forward I wished that the boys didn't have to go back and forth here and there to their dad's, I'd always hoped that we would be able to be one family. My worries over the years would be that something would happen to me, and Jake wouldn't be able to keep my boys. After having our other 3 kids this has been more of a concern to me, because Eddie's dad's house wasn't a place that I wanted my kids to end up, especially if something where to happen to me. May 26th this all changed for us. Jake finally got the opportunity to Adopt Kurtis (13) and Austin (11). We met at the court house in Provo, a lot of our close friends and family came to watch this great event with us. This was the most memorable day thus far. One of the bishops in our stake is a family attorney, we hired Robinson to help us full fill this great event. We left the boys' names as is for now, they want to possibly change them later. The best part about this, was legally I know that if something were to happen to me, the boys will still be part of our family and Jake doesn't have to hand them back to Eddie, because now they're Jakes. They will never have to do the every other weekend thing again. I'm so relieved, they won't be part of the bull crap(until they're 18 and they choose to be part of the bull crap). Their minds won't be juggled with, if their dad was coming or not, or if he was lying to them or not. Or if he wanted them or not. Luckily since Jake and I have been married Jake has dreamed of having them his this whole time. Jakes dreams have finally been full filled. We went to Red Robin to celebrate and to get some lunch, Thank you so much for those that came, it was awesome sharing this day with everyone. Afterwards, we went to the Provo Temple and were sealed so our chain is complete in our family. I felt safer driving to Alaska knowing we were finally sealed together as a family. This day was a very spiritual day for our family. (I saved a ton of pics from this day on a disc and haven't found it yet, so I stole this off my mother-in-laws blog) Jake is holding Theron, and I have Bridger This wasn't the best picture sorry :) After this we went to Aunt Lurain's for a Bar-B-Q. We took some pics of our family before we left.

2 comments:

r said...

What a beautiful day that must have been! We're so happy for you guys!!

Nancy said...

Ty that was such an awesome day. I'm glad I could be a part of it. I am so happy for you!