Wednesday, June 17, 2009
The more the marrier
So we took Allen to the Airport in Anchorage about 45 minutes away or so Monday night. We dropped him off and headed back home. Bridger kept crying for home. I think he was thinking we were on another "road trip" poor kid I felt bad for him. Theron was screaming because he was starving. So I asked Jake to pull over so that I could feed Theron. Jake pulled into the gas station where it was cheaper than any gas station in Wasilla, it was $2.73 in Anchorage, $2.77 at Cheveron in Wasilla, and $2.83 at the Tassoro down town Wasilla. Anyways, I just to give ya'll an idea of gas prices up here in Alaska. So as we pulled into the cheaper gas station I got out, Austin got out to trade me places. As I got in the back seat I saw that the kids had reclined the seat so far back that it was nearly flat. So I pulled the lever to bring the back of the seat forward....it didn't work so hot,
so I leaned forward so I could get a better grasp on the handle. Soon as I pulled up, the seat slammed forward and WHACKED me in the head. I instantly had a migraine from "HELL" and it had radiated to my already sore neck from the whiplash I got from the near hit Caribou on the way here. I jumped back grabbed my head, said a few choice words and the next thing I new I was waking up in the back seat with my head down on my hand in the seat, and my butt up in the air. I'm pretty sure I passed out. I don't think it was for very long but it was strange. I sat up and noticed I had blood in my hand, so I told Jake that I was bleeding. When I got back up in the front seat to pull a diaper wipe out he saw.... and then he said, "yeah, ya are" Luckily there was a blue towel in the car already. So I took it climbed in the back pulled Theron out to feed him and he wouldn't eat.
So I put him back in his seat and layed back for the drive home. When we got home we looked in the first aid kit. We threw all the suture away, dang it. This cut as you can see was in my hair line. I'd need to shave my head to get a butterfly to work right. So it's been oozing and stuff in the mean time. We don't get insurance until the 1st of July. Usually this is something the kids pull off, but I thought I'd take a chance getting hurt without insurance :) Pretty nice huh? I have a nasty goose egg too. I'm working the migraine for the last few days, I'm just glad I have a jetted tub to help :) Now I have another whole in my head. The more the marrier :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment