Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I feel blessed

So I was having my own pity party today. Then I decided, "HOW CAN I MAKE THIS BETTER FOR ME?" my answer to this. Decide what am I blessed with today. I would have to say that I'm blessed, a list of my blessing (not in order) would be: A husband with a secure job, healthy children (for the most part, minus the ones that hurt themselves), the quiet "me" time I get after everyone is in bed (even if it's 2am), all the time I get to myself during the day to enjoy my kids and they're fighting back and forth, a home, food, my bed, my jetted tub when I get migraines, my own bathroom, Kurtis and his goofy jokes, Austin and his attitude when he thinks he's in trouble, EmberLee and her happy self after her fit throwing, Bridger and his cute speach impediment, Theron and his smile that shows his cute little teeth, Jake and his love for me and our Children, my knowledge of The Gospel, My worthy Priestood holder, My Testimony that grows with my trials, The Book of Mormon, and the Stories in it that I can learn from, My Friends and the strength they give me when I'm weak(even if it's over the phone, or on IMing), My Heavenly Father and his ear he gives me when I feel I'm praying about nothing, the prayers answered when I'm alone and sad, the support my family gives us for making such a huge change in our lives, So many more, but these the ones that come to mind so easily tonight at 1:45am :) I am blessed. In a lot of ways. I hate that I don't have a ton of friends here yet, but I'm trying to get some. I do love the beauty here in Alaska, I just wish my family and friends were here to experience this with me.

3 comments:

Teresa said...

You are blessed! Thanks for reminding me that when we feel overwhelmed, that counting our blessings aleviates the pain. I love the way you are focusing on the positive. You are AMAZING! Alaska is beautiful, I miss it, and I miss you!

Nancy said...

Ty, Life feels lonely now, but it will get better. You are great at making friends. You need a fun hobby to do. Remember when you were sewing quilts. That kept you busy, maybe it's time to break out the sewing machine. Do you still have a sewing machine? I hope so.

It is good to focus on the good when things are feeling kind of blah. It helps put things into perspective. You really are blessed. And you have lots of friends here that love you and think about you often.

Norm and Frances said...

I wish I could make it all better, but as others have said, you are doing the right thing, in thinking about the good things. Sometimes we all loose sight of them! I know I have and to this day, I am still looking for some of them!!!! I have thought a lot about the saying "what you get out of life, no better than what you put into it"! I try to remember that when I tend to "mur-mur". And, sometimes that is quite often.